• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Betty May View Post
    We do have an external battery though.
    Remember to check its charge regularly Betty May Monday is the day when all my powered appliances are charged or have their batteries checked - good to have a routine (or we'd forget all about them πŸ™„)

Just to add: even if powered appliances aren't in use, or regular use, they still need to be charged and preferably put through their paces - idle batteries leak charge. xx

Leave a comment:

• Betty May
    replied
    Hubby's machine is a ResMed and no internal battery, tried it today. We do have an external battery though.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Not all Philips Respironics NIV machines have internal batteries Linda, so it's something you need to find out for sure. xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Philips Respironics Ellie

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by LindaB View Post
    ... however it's been cancelled.
    That's a shame Linda.

Which machine do you have - Nippy 4, Philips Respironics, etc? xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Ellie I will do that....thanks Ellie. I was hoping to discuss at my Monday respiratory appointment....however it's been cancelled. 😞

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Time to make sure it has a working internal battery so, do it today when you're not in a panic situation 😏

Turn it on, then unplug from the mains to trigger the alarm, don't turn off the machine itself - there should be an explanation for the alarm either onscreen or a light beside a button. The alarm could not have sounded if there wasn't some type of battery charge.

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    LindaB

I've been thinking about this Linda: the NIV alarm was most likely telling you that you've switched to battery power, so did the machine stop working when mains power went, or did it continue working? xx
    Trying to remember....I think the machine stopped...I was just panicking how to stop the alarm. I too was wondering how the machine switches from mains to battery....

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    LindaB
    Originally posted by LindaB View Post
    About 5:30am all my power went off in my flat...NIV machine started bleeping....I assumed a power cut.
    I've been thinking about this Linda: the NIV alarm was most likely telling you that you've switched to battery power, so did the machine stop working when mains power went, or did it continue working? xx

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Well done LindaB.
    So glad first night went well.
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    That's a great start LindaB

No soreness on the bridge of your nose from the mask? xx
    No soreness as yetπŸ‘πŸ˜‰xx

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Sounds smashing Linda x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    That's a great start LindaB

No soreness on the bridge of your nose from the mask? xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    My new kit
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    I was a little anxious about my 1st attempt at NIV but taking on board Ellie point it doesn't have to be 4 hours straight away...or in fact sleep. So I went to bed thinking I'll try the NIV while reading....for however long I can tolerate. Does feel very weird....anyway my specs just fit on top so ok for reading. Next thing I remember is waking up three hours later mask still on....I had dozed off....win win.

My view was well not bad for 1st attempt and took it off....went back to sleep. Did I feel a benefit? Well this may be psychological but I felt I was brighter....I'm not sure how long it would take to see improvement or not...however I'll take it as a positive.

Mary C sorry about your experience...my mask you can undo at the front and use a straw to sip water.....no repositioning. My mask retained a good seal without my doing anything. If you don't need it then no point disturbing your much needed sleep. My readings show I really do need it so will persevere...I might not be so fortunate tonight.

@Heather yes she was thoroughπŸ‘πŸ˜‰

(St George's - Tooting)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X