Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matthew55
    replied
    If they do fix a dead voice box be ready for a real zombie apocalypse! πŸ€“πŸ§πŸ€”πŸ€—xx

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    I'll take as it comes. Love to you all xx

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    Speak Unique seem to be learning with feedback and experience, and they have improved their version of my voice. Hope you can get something sorted Gordon x

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordan1111 View Post
    I've got Salt coming this week but voice already so weak don't know if voice-banking will be poss. Will see x
    I thought the same as my voice and pronunciation is ragged but it's a reasonable version of my voice....not great but ok. Good luck πŸ‘

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Gordan1111 You'd be surprised what they can achieve with voice repair Gordan. If it's a definite 'No', don't despair, the computer-generated voices can be cool enough (ish 🀩) xx

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    I've got Salt coming this week but voice already so weak don't know if voice-banking will be poss. Will see x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Glad it was a productive meeting πŸ‘

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
    I'm not use to allowing others to do things but I have to say I'm glad for the support and cross that task off the list.
    Lovely young nurse full of enthusiasm πŸ’―% πŸ˜‡βœ”
    There's a time and place to let somebody take the reins.
    Long may that enthusiasm last! xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    SALT nurse came today...she's taking the reins regarding checking I've done all the right things so far with acapela....she spoke to me about predictive app and what I need and she's going to look into that too. I'm not use to allowing others to do things but I have to say I'm glad for the support and cross that task off the list.
    Lovely young nurse full of enthusiasm πŸ’―% πŸ˜‡βœ”

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi bromleycross, doing your voice banking is a good idea..Good to do it whilst your voice is ok too .Many of us would agree the thought of losing your voice and those who have already lost it..it’s a really hard part of MND to accept and adapt to.
    I too learn from other members how they cope with loss of ability speak and which communications aids are helpful.
    Best wishes
    Mary xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Indeed bromleycross and, if Homer Simpson can get away with drooling, then so can we 🀩😘

Leave a comment:

• bromleycross
    replied
    Sadly I too am beginning of to lose my voice my partner says sometimes when asked a question I will answer quickly and clearly but in conversation I struggle. It had as always been useful to all read about other people’s news experiences and it’s encouraged me to look seriously at voice banking.
    This has definitely been the hardest part of MND…..apart from very unsexy drooling πŸ˜ƒ

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Oh Heather you really must stop this negative feeling. I should be climbing the walls with frustration the way my fingers act on a keyboard but since Veneflaxine 37.5 mg I am as calm and happy as I never have been in my life. I urge you to try it out. πŸ‘πŸ€—πŸ˜„πŸ˜xx

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    Many thanks Linda, Ellie and Graham, yes I must explore those services xx

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Sympathies Heather. You really ought to get a Warden Call. Please ignore the voices calling you weird, they are unhealthy themselves!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Oh Heather, I feel your pain and angst...

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
    I I dread most having to phone for help in the night if I really need it and am not well (I live on my own).
    I know you probably don't mean the 999 Emergency Services but, in case you don't know, you can register your phone to text 999, rather than a talking call, should the need ever arise. (Of course you need to be able to text or have SIM access through a device)

Sending you a πŸ€—

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X