Sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeping

When I'm asleep nothing bothers me and my dreams are all nice ones. It's only after I wake up my troubles begin and I start to count the hours before I can go back to bed. πŸ‘πŸ€“πŸ€—πŸ˜xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Aww, that's a bit a bit sad... πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯ Sorry your days are rubbish. πŸ€—πŸ˜˜
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Well I dread bedtime, as I cannot get comfortable and wake when I get sore and cannot roll over. I envy your peaceful sleep Matthew!

Comment

Maybe regular naps...break up the day...if you can...πŸ˜΄πŸ€”
        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

My days aren't bad but it's the constant battle with my mouth and throat. Strange carers at the weekend and the other things connected to my MND. 4 Z's ensure a full six hours of restfull sleep. πŸ˜†πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx
          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by aussiegirl View Post
            Well I dread bedtime, as I cannot get comfortable
            Oh, that's awful, aussiegirl sleep is essential for us to be able to face our days! Sounds like a change of mattress is needed - for example, I've an alternating air mattress which is really comfortable and, even though I can't move at all, I don't feel any discomfort.

​​​​​​​You deserve (need) decent sleep! xx

​

Comment

Hi aussiegirl.
              I would give Ellie’s suggestion some thought as she has found a mattress that works for her despite not being able to move at all.
              I used to dread going to bed as couldn’t get on with the NIV but am grateful at present to have decent sleep.

Matthew ..you are coping with a lot so glad you get a good nights sleep.Not great you have constant problems with mouth and throat.I still get really dry mouth overnight so when I wake I need to sip water , or use saliva gel, spray etc.

Wishing you all a good nights sleep.
              Mary

Comment

[QUOTE=Ellie;n60219]
                Oh, that's awful, [USER="26567"] Sounds like a change of mattress is needed - for example, I've an alternating air mattress which is really comfortable and, even though I can't move at all, I don't feel any discomfort.

Not sure if it's the mattress or me. I have a new mattress, but I think it's my joints (arthritis), they get so stiff and I'm hardly able to bend my elbows and knees. Also it's winter here, and keeping the blankets over my shoulders is a continuous nightmare
                Glad you have a comfortable sleep Ellie, I take my hat off to you, I don't think I could tolerate not being able to move at all.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiegirl View Post
                  ... I don't think I could tolerate not being able to move at all.
                  Well, that's how it is with me, I can either tolerate it or check out - I choose the former every second of every day because there are worse things to cope with, courtesy of my ALS. πŸ˜πŸ€—

​

Comment

Ellie You're braver than me Ellie

Comment

Working...
                    X