Gum shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gum shield

Getting a dentist to make me lower teeth gum shield is one of the best and life changing things I could possibly have done. I wear mine 24/7 and I literally forget I have it on. I only take it off when I clean my teeth. If you haven't got yourself one I urge you to as soon as you can. πŸ‘πŸ’—πŸ˜πŸΉxx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

I expect to see Sideshow Bob next πŸ˜‰ 😍😍
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Delighted to hear that Matthew. My Palliative consultant has just referred me for one and a collar.
      Diagnosed June 2019. Bulbar palsy. Lost voice. Using PEG fitted April 2021 alongside eating normally albeit slowly and messily at times.

Comment

I'm homer cos I drool just like him doh! Oh and get modern I may be Marge. πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜xx
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

can you tell me why it is so good? what does it improve? (sorry to sound like a dork, but v interested in the reply as i'm seeing my dentist soon, and apart from nighttime drooling - how cool does that sound?!, i'm aware that unconsciously my mouth is 'over sucking', and therefore the inside of my cheeks are getting a bit 'chafed'.... (can't believe i just wrote either of those statements

Comment

You're not a dork any question is valid. I got mine as my teeth were clashing, especially when I yawn, and grinding. I was worried I would end up chipping or breaking a tooth or two and I hate Dentists, well not a certain gallic footballer at my local Dental Hospital. πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘xx
            ​​​​

Comment

Ditto Matthew except for hating dentists. When I sneeze my tongue gets stuck in gaps in my teeth which is a horrible feeling.
              Diagnosed June 2019. Bulbar palsy. Lost voice. Using PEG fitted April 2021 alongside eating normally albeit slowly and messily at times.

Comment

Working...
              X