Catheter change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catheter change

Yesterday two delightful district nurses changed my catheter. I now have a snazzy orange tube that has a really cool gripping action. πŸ˜ŽπŸ€‘πŸŒŸπŸ’•xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

How often does it need to be done? I'm sure it's a quick enough job and one you quickly get used to, like me and my feeding button changes.

I thought you said your carers did the changes but, given your recent sandpaper bedbath experience, I'm glad kindly nurses do it 😬😬😘😘
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

The carers only wash me. DN's do catheter and change every nine weeks. Takes a few minutes unless I'm lying down then there's a lot of blood involved! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜šπŸ˜xx
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
        DN's do catheter and change every nine weeks.
        Every 9 weeks isn't bad xx

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

In total I have had a tube fed in and a balloon inflated five times. Four of them completely painless. Having it has changed my life for the better as before I was getting up to pee every hour of the night. Three cheers for the catheter! Hip Hip......😚😁🀩😍xx

Comment

Working...
          X