Leave a comment:

• richard
    replied
    Chafing and strafing πŸ˜‚
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• JAC
    replied
    strong opinions, freely expressed and taken with respect. have not visited the forum for over a week and i'm humbled by the love and support and sharing. we all know now, more than ever before, there is no 'right' answer; just an answer for each of us that is 'right, at that time. tip my hat to you all. we can take the occasional 'chafing' in our stride.....

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    That's it my dear. We all have opinions and you have to respect individual wishes. Simple.

Leave a comment:

• bromleycross
    replied
    They say knowledge is power but for me it depends on how I feel.and how my MND is progressing.Currently my left arm is weaker and have limited use of hand especially fingers. Putting hope into physio and acupuncture
    Not sure it works but it gives me hope and I
    will take each day as it come
    Love Jane x

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Thanks Heather. I find my right hand getting very tired very quickly recently. πŸ‘πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    I watched it, Matthew. Don't look endlessly online for info, but was interested to see what you thought important. If I hadn't felt in the mood to see it, I definitely wouldn't have, do feel it is very important for our mental healths to take things as we feel able. I agree about not rushing into things that won't last you very long eg I bought a workstation for preparing food which helped only briefly before trying to use my hands more made them more liable to cramp and tiredness (anyone want it?!) I am horrified sometimes to discover new things, but if people are still managing to be positive, I do find that so inspiring and helpful x

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I'm not suicidal just waiting for nature to run it's course. Plus I don't like pain. πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ˜šxx

Leave a comment:

• aussiegirl
    replied
    Glad to see there are others who don't want to see all the details about MND. I for one can do without it. Good for those who do, however.

matthew55 I find it strange that you are opposed to prolonging your life, yet you opted for a feeding tube?
    Last edited by aussiegirl; 27 September 2021, 00:31.

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Ellie
    Hi Ellie, I know what you mean about going to clinic.A few people with MND seem to attend the same clinic for neurologist check up.I do feel sad when I see people looking physically worse as I do on each visit.
    I can’t help at times think what’s coming next especially when I see people who I could talk to a year ago no longer having speech.
    However, sometimes I take strength from them as their carers communicate on an app or just by understanding the persons attempts to speak.

matthew55 ..Think you put that link on to try and help people and you know we are all at different places in our mind.Some people may benefit from viewing it.Who knows I may feel it’s just what I need in the future but not today.

Hope you both sleep well.Goodnight ..Mary

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    And I will always love you. But I think he makes a good point about getting stuff that only lasts a month or two. x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    matthew55 No, I don't have it in for you today.

Your comment belittles those who would rather stay in blissful ignorance. We all have a choice about how we, as individuals, choose to live with MND. And it isn't 'wrong' to be in denial, not want to know things, not want a feeding tube or NIV or not want to prolong life - that's the point I'm making.

Still love ya 😘😘

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Oh boy you really have it in for me today girl. What did I do to deserve this? Express an opinion?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X