Crisis in Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crisis in Care?

I just had some disturbing news about my care agency. It seems the staff are leaving in droves but more clients are being taken on. Bottom line I won't get washed or shaved. If I didn't have this troll on my back I'd be a traveller. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Oh Matthew, hope that doesn't happen! The care sector has been desperate for so many years, and now worse xx
    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

And, just when we thought it couldn't get worse, along came Covid and frightened off many carers too...

My carers just got a pay rise, woop woop - now let's hope some good candidates apply to fill a vacancy 🀞🀞

But yes Matthew, service provision is on a knife edge. xx
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

I have a visitor next week about a PA type of service. I'll keep you posted. πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Ooh, that's interesting... 🀞🀞😘

​

Comment

I might be getting morning help for Stephen a couple of mornings a week. Theres a housing and carer crises here so we shall have to see.

😘

Comment

Just heard on the news carers affected by fuel thing.

Comment

Ambulances, nursing staff and everyone else not getting fuel. Food shortages because of no deliveries. Gas shortages. Lack of bus drivers and taxi drivers. Cold food distribution company supplying supermarkets has shut down. Meat shortages because they cant slaughter animals. Lack of social housing. House prices have risen. Covid. Crumbs πŸ™„

Comment

That's life in the 5th largest economy in the world 😲😩πŸ₯΄πŸ˜±πŸ€”πŸ€­πŸ™„πŸ˜πŸ€πŸ˜¬πŸ€¨πŸ€£

​

Comment

BREXIT
                    #ducks for coverπŸ˜‹

Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                      #ducks for cover
                      Haven't you built their house yet?? 🀣🀣

​

Comment

I'm working on itπŸ˜†
                        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Personally I don't miss MEP Leeches πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ€—xx

Comment

Working...
                          X