Unexpected side affect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected side affect

I have come to the conclusion that I have developed OCD since living with MND/ASL. My routine is exactly the same every day and I'm obsessive about a speck of dirt on my sink. Not so my carpet but I am a man! πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

OCD is part of the brain network associated with MNDs, so you could be right. 😘😘
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

That's a relief. Is schizophrenia and bipolar part of it too. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
        Is schizophrenia and bipolar part of it too.
        Actually yes, they are related. xx

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

That explains everything, thanks mate. πŸ˜‰πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx

Comment

Stephen is really into picking stuff up. Drives me nuts. He is so close to falling but he will have that bit of cat fur or the escaped baked bean. Then I have to do something with it regardless of what I'm doing. You can sign him up. Hes all yours. I'm going to donate him for research. 🀣

Comment

I’m thinking What do you do with an escaped baked bean? there again I’d rather not.

Richard
              Richard

Comment

Plenty of seagulls watch me through the kitchen door. I just chuck it out and it's gone. My cats are hoping to catch one so it's a stand off. I need to get out more 🀣

Comment

I have been like that for a few years although I was only diagnosed with MND eleven days ago. Maybe it was a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                    That's a relief. Is schizophrenia and bipolar part of it too. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx
                    Two of my children have bipolar and schizophrenia type diseases. My daughter schizophrenia and bipolar but my son’s label is a combined of the 2 and I normally remember it but I’m blowed if I can tonight as I’m tired. Going to bed shortly x

ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

They would have had a field day with me as as a kid. All I know is I had a nervous breakdown at 16. πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ˜˜xx

Comment

Working...
                      X