Tortoise days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tortoise days

I sometimes wish I was tortoise. Then when the world becomes too much for me I could just retreat into my shell. Oh, wait, I do that already just without a physical shell. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Would be easier than looking for suitable accommodation. Xx😘

Comment

I know the feeling Mathew but I can disappear into myself within a shell but very seldom x
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

I think we all retreat into our 'shells' from time to time...a bit of self care....then ready to face the day.

Years ago I had a tortoise we called him 'meat pie' πŸ˜„
        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Meat pie 🀣 I had a little dog a westie crossed with a yorkie, not the chocolate version, I called her Elsie pie. When she was a puppy I used to call her Or Else. Come here or else. Didn't make any difference still ignored me. 🀭

Comment

matthew55 You're as entitled to have hiding days as the rest of us πŸ€—πŸ€—

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
            I sometimes wish I was tortoise.
            And another benefit of being a 🐒 is that if you were to fall, the floor is only 4cm away - just don't go over on your back 😏

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Great point well made. Oh to be tiny and green. πŸ˜‰πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx
              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

I went to the supermarket the other day, first time in months. It was so noisy! people chatting, trollies whizzing past, registers pinging, I became overwhelmed and wanted to leave, but I couldn't attract hubby's attention as my voice is so soft. I hadn't realized how soft until I was in that environment. So used to the quiet at home. Big disappointment!

Comment

Working...
                X