No announcement yet.

#United2EndMND - Your URGENT help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but they were but not in any reference to Research funding. Critically dementia wasn’t mentioned and neurodegenerative disease is top of life sciences vision. Life sciences was being invested in. And technically the budget statement is just an agreement to departmental spend not the precise spending of a department.

Comment

Wrote to my MP, and got a reply. When i find it, will post the reply....
      Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

My MPs reply - complacent or what?

I am encouraged that almost £288 million has been spent on research into neurological conditions, including MND, in the past decade through the publicly-funded National Institute for Health Research (NIHR). With the NIHR’s annual spending on neurological conditions up by more than £22 million in that period, I remain hopeful that this funding will discover new ways to improve the lives of those diagnosed with MND.

Over the past five years, the Department of Health and Social Care has spent over £9 million on MND research through the NIHR. Additionally, UK Research and Innovation, through the Medical Research Council, has spent £45 million on MND research over the past five years. This includes research which aims to increase understanding of the causes and genetic mechanisms of MND.

Thank you again for contacting me on this issue.

(Jonathon Djangoly)
        Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

It's easy to spot a politician, they will never answer a question directly ever. 🤔☹️😁🤗xx
          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Originally posted by EvelynMW View Post
            My MPs reply - complacent or what?

I am encouraged that almost £288 million has been spent on research into neurological conditions, including MND, in the past decade through the publicly-funded National Institute for Health Research (NIHR). With the NIHR’s annual spending on neurological conditions up by more than £22 million in that period, I remain hopeful that this funding will discover new ways to improve the lives of those diagnosed with MND.

Over the past five years, the Department of Health and Social Care has spent over £9 million on MND research through the NIHR. Additionally, UK Research and Innovation, through the Medical Research Council, has spent £45 million on MND research over the past five years. This includes research which aims to increase understanding of the causes and genetic mechanisms of MND.

Thank you again for contacting me on this issue.

(Jonathon Djangoly)
            Hi there,

Another classic templated letter with misleading data in. The spend is no where near that!!!

if you want to write to him again and point him at here…

https://patientsunited2endmnd.org/targetedfunding/

This is the truth re funding. Government figures regularly include dementia funding which we don’t get a sniff at.

We are taking this to Sajid Javid and Kwasi Kwarteng but if you could get mp to write to Kwasi and Sajid that would add to the pressure which we are going to increase.

Lee

Comment

Working...
            X