Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid 19

Hi All,

so on top of having MND I now also have covid. Is there anything that I should look out for or keep an eye on specific to ourselves?

Note having had covid for 4 days now it’s not particularly nice, I have also noticed and increase in my muscles cramping.

It never rains...... 😉🤘🍺🤗xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Ohitsstoppedworking sorry to hear that...must be one of our biggest nightmares!! I'd say let your neurology team know and advice from their respiratory team.
      Good luck and hope you're soon recovered. 🙏
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Sorry to hear that John, let’s hope you get off ‘lightly’ with it…

It’s not easy to predict if Covid will send you to hospital or not but, as you're not long diagnosed, and if your breathing (lung function) is relatively unaffected, hopefully your risk is no higher than Mr Average 45yo - you're fully vaccinated?

If your Consultant Neurologist isn’t aware, I’d make sure they know and presumably your GP has tied the 2 facts together.

Keep very well hydrated, not only for the coronavirus but for the cramps too and get plenty of rest. How are the wife and kids?

Wishing you a good recovery.

Love Ellie.
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
          It never rains...... 😉🤘🍺🤗xx
          Matthew I tried the beer emoji several times…and it turns out that it doesn’t kill off Covid 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
            Sorry to hear that John, let’s hope you get off ‘lightly’ with it…

It’s not easy to predict if Covid will send you to hospital or not but, as you're not long diagnosed, and if your breathing (lung function) is relatively unaffected, hopefully your risk is no higher than Mr Average 45yo - you're fully vaccinated?

If your Consultant Neurologist isn’t aware, I’d make sure they know and presumably your GP has tied the 2 facts together.

Keep very well hydrated, not only for the coronavirus but for the cramps too and get plenty of rest. How are the wife and kids?

Wishing you a good recovery.

Love Ellie.
            Hi Ellie,

yes I’m fully vaccinated and currently have good lung function, so think my self lucky in that respect, but was surprised with the increase in cramping. Your probably right and I’m probably not drinking enough water.

I will contact the nurse tomorrow.

thanks John

Comment

Originally posted by Ohitsstoppedworking View Post
              Hi All,

so on top of having MND I now also have covid. Is there anything that I should look out for or keep an eye on specific to ourselves?

Note having had covid for 4 days now it’s not particularly nice, I have also noticed and increase in my muscles cramping.
              Sorry about you having Covid-19. I hope that you come through it well and that you have all that you need near to hand x
              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Double pants for you. Maybe try some stretches re spasms. I've been told by nurses that tonic is far for spasm. I hate tonic but drown it with gin
                Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Working...
                X