X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keno
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    Oh my lovely, I'm so glad you joined the forum - plenty of hands for you to hold along your way 🤗🤗

Enjoy the few days with your brother - eat, drink and be merry! xx
    will do my best

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by keno View Post
    I have a lot to learn the hard way.
    Oh my lovely, I'm so glad you joined the forum - plenty of hands for you to hold along your way 🤗🤗

Enjoy the few days with your brother - eat, drink and be merry! xx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Ask anything you like on here and like as not someone will have done it before you. Make hay while the sun is shining my friend. 😁😀😜✌️xx

Leave a comment:

• keno
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    I have a thing called a PEG fitted. A tube is inserted into my stomach and I syringe or pump high cal liquid feed directly into my tummy. Plus coffee, drugs and booze! 😁😀😜✌️xx
    Oh, I see. My sister-in-law had one while getting over surgery for throat cancer.
    I have a lot to learn the hard way.
    I am stopping at my brother's for a couple of days this coming weekend so probably a fair bit of booze will be ingested.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I have a thing called a PEG fitted. A tube is inserted into my stomach and I syringe or pump high cal liquid feed directly into my tummy. Plus coffee, drugs and booze! 😁😀😜✌️xx

Leave a comment:

• keno
    replied
    Through my feeding tube
    Not certain what that is.
    All very new to me

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Through my feeding tube

Leave a comment:

• keno
    replied
    I had that problem but now I don't eat anymore no problem. 😉🤗😁😀xx
    How do you eat Matthew?

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I had that problem but now I don't eat anymore no problem. 😉🤗😁😀xx

Leave a comment:

• PeterPan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mary C View Post
    Recently I have noticed I am biting my cheek in mouth whilst sleeping.Not sure if I need to get some kind of teeth guard fit night.
    Currently using bonjela to soothe it.
    Anyone else got this problem ?
    Best wishes
    Mary
    I do this all the time when eating, even when I’m being super careful! Also biting my tongue, which is even worse

Leave a comment:

• keno
    replied
    I had that problem until I lost a back tooth

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Thanks everyone.I have a dental appointment soon so will discuss it then.I have had impressions before and I gag.Oh well needs sorting.LindaB
    Hi Linda ...well done you adapting to the NIV.
    best wishes
    Mary x

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Find a dental hospital near by and get it for free. If you're lucky you get a student. Best extraction of my life! 😁🤗🐧😍xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Mary C View Post
    ... I am biting my cheek in mouth whilst sleeping.Not sure if I need to get some kind of teeth guard fit night.
    All too common an issue Mary 😩

I definitely recommend a dentist-made mouthguard for your upper teeth - they are worth the money.

You will have an impression of your teeth taken, which involves biting down on a 'putty' type material for a very short period, but it's not unpleasant.

I wear mine only in bed and, if I have sore inner cheeks, like you, I use Bonjela.

Another thing for your To Do list, I'm afraid. xx

Leave a comment:

• John D
    replied
    Me too biting cheeks and lips but not while sleeping. And when I sneeze tongue gets stuck in gaps between teeth. OWW! Also use Bonjela. I was in the process of having an implant when diagnosed so abandoned it to avoid most of the cost. Big mistake! Seeing dentist next week about mouthguard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X