X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nettie
    replied
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ youโ€™re probably right Ellie ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I donโ€™t think it will be finished this week ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ The plasterer is off sick for a start so itโ€™s looking unlikely but hey ho ๐Ÿค— love Janette x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Nettie View Post
    Had a ramp fitted couple of months ago I can get out but canโ€™t get back in!!
    Are you sure Phil didn't organise it that way Janette ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Not long to wait for the Spa Day ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ˜˜

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    shelly21 same here Iโ€™ve not had a shower for well over a year ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ Had a ramp fitted couple of months ago I can get out but canโ€™t get back in!! So waiting for new front door ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ X

Leave a comment:

• DeeH
    replied
    Nettie

It will be worth it.

Thomas (with MND) had no shower for 5 months, only bed baths from me (poor soul)

Moved house (second time in 8 months)

BUT

Hot showers in amazing wet room

So totally worth the stress

Waiting for lowered front door *wheel chair accessable my arse - as we say in Scotland)
    So still house bound.

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    shelly21 yes it is hun ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ We shouldnโ€™t have to wait as long as we have, but weโ€™re nearly there now and canโ€™t wait ๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿค—
    much love Janette xx

Leave a comment:

• shelly21
    replied
    Nettie snap. Our wet room going in and on Saturday I had a huge meltdown and shouted and scream the exact words to my other half.

Then the contents of the top of my dressing table got thrown across the room.

Its pants isn't it. X

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    We certainly have odd thoughts at times, don't we ๐Ÿฅด ๐Ÿ™ƒ xx

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Heather R yes itโ€™s been very stressful and I wished I could of gone somewhere else while work was being done but weโ€™re on the home stretch now ๐Ÿค—
    I know exactly what you mean about thoughts I was the same when having a meltdown last week I was shouting at Phil that weโ€™ve waited that long Iโ€™ll probably die before itโ€™s finished!!! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿฅบ
    Hope everything goes smoothly love Janette x

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    Nettie sounds very tough and noisy being trapped there, hopefully you are on the last leg and will really appreciate the result. I am away out of my house for 4weeks whilst my adaptations are done, and have been wondering how I would survive as life seemed difficult enough as it is. People have been very kind though. I have had thoughts about what if I get ill, or even COVID-19! If I died during the 4weeks, would the builders immediately put down tools and leave it in a terrible mess for my children? !! Ridiculous I know. Letโ€™s hope weโ€™ll soon be so pleased and relieved! Love, Heather x

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    Lucky indeed!! You'd have been in bed one night and suddenly there'd be a real earth moving experience as the foundations collapsed... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
    Imagine that ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฑ it doesnโ€™t bear thinking about x

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by Deb View Post
    Oh Janette.. I'm so sorry you are having such an awful time. Life is hard enough without the pain of a broken tooth.

It must be awful to be stuck in the bedroom and itseems to have gone on such a long time.

When we had our wet room done I really wanted to go away but the builders weren't keen as they wanted to be able to contact us about rails, tiles electrics etc. It took two weeks and was very noisy when they drilled the floor but at least I was able to get out.

Just keep dreaming of that ๐Ÿšฟ shower... it doesn't sound like it will be too long. Its funny although probably not funny haha ๐Ÿ˜† the things we dream of when living with MND.

Love and hugs to you. We missed you. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—xx
    Yes itโ€™s hard being stuck in but weโ€™ve found our routine again now so itโ€™s getting easier ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
    And itโ€™s been very noisy ๐Ÿ™‰ it should be finished by Friday the tiling has started today ๐Ÿค— love Janette x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Nettie View Post
    ... they also found a collapsed drain which was pumping water under the house so that was lucky ๐Ÿ€ x
    Lucky indeed!! You'd have been in bed one night and suddenly there'd be a real earth moving experience as the foundations collapsed... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Oh Janette.. I'm so sorry you are having such an awful time. Life is hard enough without the pain of a broken tooth.

It must be awful to be stuck in the bedroom and itseems to have gone on such a long time.

When we had our wet room done I really wanted to go away but the builders weren't keen as they wanted to be able to contact us about rails, tiles electrics etc. It took two weeks and was very noisy when they drilled the floor but at least I was able to get out.

Just keep dreaming of that ๐Ÿšฟ shower... it doesn't sound like it will be too long. Its funny although probably not funny haha ๐Ÿ˜† the things we dream of when living with MND.

Love and hugs to you. We missed you. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—xx

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    When you've spent time in hell you will enjoy Paradise after. Stay Strong my girl. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜xx
    Thanks Matthew I will enjoy the paradise when I get in that shower ๐Ÿšฟ and get my bum washed & dried instead of Phil doing it ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚ x

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    That was lucky ๐Ÿ€ less stress x
    it took them a day an half to find the manhole ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ But when they did find it they also found a collapsed drain which was pumping water under the house so that was lucky ๐Ÿ€ x

Leave a comment:

Working...
X