Benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benefits

I have never claimed any sort of benefit all my life and now they have started paying attendance allowance into my bank account,
    why do I feel so guilty about it?
    It's all funny

No idea.Attendance allowance is a non means tested benefit .No doubt you will need one fit to make life easier for yourself to remain at home.
    Best wishes
    Mary

Comment

Typo...meant to say need it
      mary

Comment

Take what's yours. You will need it.. sorry but getting help with equipment can resort to buying what you need.

Always felt the same but really dont feel that way. Xxx
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Originally posted by keno View Post
          I have never claimed any sort of benefit all my life and now they have started paying attendance allowance into my bank account,
          why do I feel so guilty about it?
          It's quite common for people to feel 'guilty' about receiving benefits their entitled to. That's the point....you're entitled to it to support you to pay for additional support. Use it and I hope it helps in some small way. πŸ‘πŸ˜‡
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
            Take what's yours. You will need it.. sorry but getting help with equipment can resort to buying what you need.

Always felt the same but really dont feel that way. Xxx
            I spent Β£91 on elephant's feet for sofa and bed the other day and was going to buy an electric recliner but my support nurse asked me to wait while she referred me to the MNDA.
            My stairs are very steep so need something to sleep in if necessary. This is an old-style mid terrace.
            Two radiators have become blocked in the bathroom and kitchen so arranging a plumber to clean the system and replace three radiators. I was planning on doing that job myself until MND came along.
            It's all funny

Comment

Technics for getting from a prone position to sitting up on edge of the bed would be handy
              It's all funny

Comment

Your OT would have got you elephants feet or a chair. You would get to wait for somethings. I got a 2nd hand chairlift put in. Ask no harm in asking.

Comment

Your OT would have got you elephants feet or a chair. You would get to wait for somethings. I got a 2nd hand chairlift put in. Ask no harm in asking.
                  I needed the feet urgently due to being stuck on the sofa for half an hour with a full bladder
                  It's all funny

Comment

Oh no you poor soul. How horrible. My husband got stuck in my sons car and unfortunately couldn't wait. πŸ™

Comment

The thing about benefits is that if you worked you were paying for them. So your only getting back your own money.
                      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Exactly Matthew. Well said

Comment

Oh no you poor soul. How horrible. My husband got stuck in my sons car and unfortunately couldn't wait. πŸ™
                          I managed to hold on but a close shave
                          It's all funny

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                            The thing about benefits is that if you worked you were paying for them. So your only getting back your own money.
                            Yes I agree but it's hard to change an opinion you have held for all your life
                            It's all funny

Comment

Originally posted by keno View Post
                              Technics for getting from a prone position to sitting up on edge of the bed would be handy
                              Ken, your OT should assess you and supply aids to make daily living easier and safer for you.

Sounds like grab rails and a profiling bed would help you, though the bed might come from nursing, not OT, the OT can make referrals. xx
                              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Working...
                              X