Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susie
    replied
    Mary C. My right foot is very swollen so can't get anything normal on. I have no control over my right leg and foot at all. I've bought some knitted leg warmers that go half way up my thighs and tuck nicely inside my calf length boots, and are very warm when I go out. Normally they would fall down if I could stand up or walk, but as I can't the work really well. They were really cheap so that's a bonus.
    I can't get leggings or anything I need to pull up on as I can't lift my bottom up at all. I have so many snugly clothes from the old days it's frustrating.
    I have no idea what I weigh now as it's been quite a while since I've been able to stand on the scales, although I was losing weight last time I weighed myself. I know I have expanded around the middle though as I can't get any coats done up (possibly because I can only do the zips up while seated) and my adaptive skirt which I've only had fire a couple of months, now feels tight. My appetite is reduced and I definitely eat much less now than I did, but I was very active before and burnt of all the calories. Along with my legs, my arms and core are now much weaker. I think everything has sagged πŸ₯΄πŸ€£πŸ€£x

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Susie
    Footwear is a problem.I can’t walk now either but when I go out in the wheelchair I want to in my head look ok.Like you I have had to buy bigger shoes to accommodate drop foot.I managed to get leather ankle boots from Pavers with 2 zips , one each side and then go on effortlessly so far.

I bought slippers in a bigger size..as I don’t walk anywhere and am assisted to transfer.Just ordinary slippers so far.

I bought some extra long black socks on Amazon which pull right up to top of legs which just look like black thick tights.I can wear these with a tunic dress if I feel I want to get out of around the house leggings, stretch jogger type trousers.

Having lost so much weight and needs changed I have had to rethink what’s practical to wear given toilet needs, warmth etc.

Friends coming today so time to choose what to wear and slap on some make up, perfume etc.It makes me feel good.
    Have a good day
    Best wishes
    Mary x

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    replied
    They look amazing Ellie. I'll definitely investigate these. I've really struggled with shoes, not that I can stand or walk. I bought a pair of size 8 boots recently, I normally take a 5, but at least we can get them on me. I too have been wearing mens thermal socks in the house, no fur lining though πŸ˜•. Just bought a pair of those riduculous looking slippers for swollen feet. Nice and toasty but they do make me feel very 'special'. πŸ₯΄πŸ€£

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    That's a result Lynne πŸ‘πŸ‘ 😘

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Ellie, I texted my OT to ask her to ring the podiatrist that I saw to get me an appointment as the Reed Medical said to get feet measured by a professional as they can make a pair. The podiatrist that I saw told me that wouldn’t need to be referred again and to just get in touch. The letter from her is somewhere here but my OT might have the number to hand xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
    What do you think Ellie?
    I don't walk at all Lynne, not even a shuffle, so I don't know if they'd be supportive enough for you.

If Reeds has a good Refund Policy, you could try them and return if they don't suit you. xx

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    Hi Lynne,

Well, they ain't Manolo Blahniks but they simply slide onto weirdly shaped, deformed, inverted feet, such as mine, as they have extra wide opening and have no pressure points, which is great for skeletal feet like mine.

Brand: Podartis. Shoe: Deambulo X

They're very comfortable but won't be making a debut on Sex & The City, or even Eastenders, for that matter 😏😍😍

Podartis Deambulo X .jpg

Podartis Deambulo X open.jpg
    Love Ellie.

They’re Β£68 without vat and Β£84 with vat at Reeds Medical. I’m thinking of buying a pair to save the faf of having to get another podiatrist appointment. What do you think Ellie? Xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    I didn't know a podiatrist would supply shoes.
    Me neither! xx

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    They look great Ellie. I’ll show them to my podiatrist if I can get another appointment at Fairfield Hospital where she’s based. I have very wide feet anyway so hope that they’d suit me xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    They look really nice ellie I didn't know a podiatrist would supply shoes. Xxxx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    If the shoe fits.....πŸ‘ŸπŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Thanks Deb xx My podiatrist got them for me.

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    [QUOTE=Ellie;n68824]
    Hi Lynne,

Well, they ain't Manolo Blahniks but they simply slide onto weirdly shaped, deformed, inverted feet, such as mine, as they have extra wide opening and have no pressure points, which is great for skeletal feet like mine.

They're very comfortable but won't be making a debut on Sex & The City, or even Eastenders, f
    Love Ellie.

They look fab and sooo much more stylish than my knitted fur lined socks. I have πŸ‘ž envy and going to hit online shopping again x πŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
    I’m interested in seeing a picture of them when you can.
    Hi Lynne,

They're very comfortable but won't be making a debut on Sex & The City, or even Eastenders, for that matter 😏😍😍

Podartis Deambulo X .jpg

Podartis Deambulo X open.jpg
    Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Yeah they cut them off πŸ€­πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Leave a comment:

Working...
X