Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denise
    replied
    Well I told the ambulance service hes ok. Hes comfortable wait until morning. Thing was they turned up in the morning anyway.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    To be fair who's life is more important than your own?

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    Not what I meant.
    Maybe not but it's what you said... xx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Not what I meant. For instance I was having breathing problems and was told that it would be eight hours before ambulance arrive. My friend rang them again and said, quite truthfully, that I was getting worse and they showed up 20 minutes later. Why I bothered I still don't know. This life is not worth holding on to.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    Tip for ambulances, always say it's worse than it is. They arrive faster and once they are there......
    And what about the person having the real life threatening emergency whose ambulance was diverted to the pretender??? xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Or crawl out onto the road. Though my luck I'd get run over ๐Ÿคฃ

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Tip for ambulances, always say it's worse than it is. They arrive faster and once they are there...... ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜Žxx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Hi music mans wife.

I know doing it for real was really horrible I panicked. Couldn't remember how to use my phone. Didn't know which number to dial. Couldn't remember my address never mind telephone number. Felt absolutely stupid that he was on the floor and couldn't get him up. He wasnt hurt. Then of course there's the wait and apart from making him comfortable there was nothing I could do. I couldn't sleep because I wanted to be ready for the ambulance and 5 hours later they arrived. Feeling hopeless because these guys have been busy and we're taking up their valuable time. Think we should rehearse dialing 999 perhaps having it written down. Next time, which will be the 3rd time, I know I will panic again but perhaps a bit more organised ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Leave a comment:

• Music man's wife
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    Just know when I had to phone for an ambulance I couldn't even remember how to use my phone never mind what number to call. Panic took over I'm ashamed to say. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    That is a recurring nightmare for me, I keep trying to dial 999 and for a whole multitude of reasons in my dreams I just canโ€™t do it!

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi.
    I have completed a DNR/ Respect for, early after diagnosis.I recently updated it with palliative care nurse.

When I was in hospital in June this year on the operating table about to have PEG procedure the consultantant said my DNR needed updating๐Ÿ˜ฎ.I was shocked and I said now is not the time as I lay there.He just said โ€œOk I will sort itโ€.

On my return home my I rang the palliative care nurse and we updated it together.
    Our views can change as we deteriorate.

Hoping to keep away from further hospital admissions but if I do have to be admitted my DNR form will go with me.

Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Don't worry about DNR, my app brings it up so there is no confusion.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    if you look at the time that can be spent waiting for an ambulance it looks very much like a dnr or otherwise might not be needed. i thought 5 hours was bad enough but people are quoting 12 hours. not even sure how long they wait outside before being admitted.

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    Just know when I had to phone for an ambulance I couldn't even remember how to use my phone never mind what number to call. Panic took over I'm ashamed to say. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Nothing to be ashamed of...๐Ÿค—

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    The ambulance service in theory should know if there's an DNAR...via a shared care plan...I think๐Ÿค”
    However I've known care homes not to have the DNAR to hand and therefore paramedics have resuscitated. Safeguarding raised against the care home.
    I keep mine with my medical info which is kept in a visible place for medics....Also important they know the MND diagnosis re oxygen.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Leave a comment:

Working...
X