Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny5
    replied
    The link totally explained that already.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    In the US, hospice care is end of life only, which is different to here. Several members might have been tempted by a webinar on hospices and I know that's not what they would have expected as a focus - fair warning.

I didn't refer to palliative care.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny5
    replied
    US Hospice can be in-home or at a Hospice staffed by medical professionals. Palliative care is an interdisciplinary medical caregiving approach aimed at optimizing the quality of life and mitigating suffering among people with serious, complex illnesses. I think it covers much more than end-of-life issues, but I need to go there to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    As a general FYI to forum members: the term "hospice care" in the US purely means end of life care, generally in the person's home, is rarely a physical building and isn't the same as the hospice movement that we're used to on these islands, so expect much discussion on end of life.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny5
    started a topic Hospice and Palliative Care for People with ALS

Hospice and Palliative Care for People with ALS

Hospice and Palliative Care for People with ALS webinar hosted by Les Turner ALS

Please join this webinar tomorrow, Thursday, November 11 at 12 pm CT (USA), and feel free to share this invite with anyone who may benefit from the topics covered.
    By attending the webinar, you'll discover how to sensitively ease the burden on family members who may otherwise be left to figure out what you would have wanted at the end of your life.
Working...
X