No announcement yet.

Dressing for easy urination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try not dressing. It has been 8 years since I have worn anything other than a smile and socks.

People with MND need to adjust to easy living in order to survive.
    Copyright Graham

Comment

Originally posted by nunhead_man View Post
      Hello there

Thank you – we will have a try at this this afternoon and see how it goes.

I guess the problem with urinary sheaths was that the bottle was to smaller volume for the amount of urine over time hence the backup?
      Airlocks seemed to be the problem, plus they like a bit of gravity. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.
      Good luck!

Comment

Graham soon be time for some tinsel 🀣🀭
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I can still get to the loo independently at the moment, but have had to go from loose elasticated waist clothing to open flat skirt, trousers and pants. Simply πŸ˜‰(nothing's simple really) open up the clothing, slide sideways off for the loo, slide back on and fasten up again. Would like PJ's and swimwear like this too, but can't find anything. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
            ... but have had to go from loose elasticated waist clothing to open flat skirt, trousers and pants. Would like PJ's and swimwear like this too, but can't find anything. Any ideas?
            Pardon my ignorance Sue, but for the life of me I can't picture what you mean by open flat skirt, trousers and pants - could you elaborate? xx

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Are we old enough to read the answer? πŸ˜‰πŸ§“πŸ˜πŸ˜xx
              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                Are we old enough to read the answer?
                Apparently Fred Flinstone was 41yo 😏😘

​

Comment

Just a kid then. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜xx
                  Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Hi Ellie, my skirt is basically a large rectangle with an elasticated waistband at the back. I lay it on my wheelchair and then slide across onto it. It wraps around and fastens with velcro.
                    My pants have side seams just infront of my hips, again fastening with velcro. Undo the velcro and the front of the pants drop forwards and I can slide on and off them and then do them up around myself after sliding back on.
                    The trousers have a full length zip through the waistband to the ankle. Undo completely and same slide on and off principal. Hard to picture I know πŸ˜‚

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                      Graham soon be time for some tinsel 🀣🀭
                      Yes, I was saying "Hello!" to a carer yesterday, unwittingly. That is the problem wearing boxers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9tmhX5u9rA

Love and hugs xxxx
                      Copyright Graham

Comment

Oh Graham that made me laugh. Bless you love.
                        hugs and cuddles
                        Xxxx
                        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Susie wow, what an impressive wardrobe! It is hard to visualise, I'm presuming they are custom made?
                          Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

Susie Aha, I get it now, thanks.

Love the idea of waist to ankle side zips on trousers, ship has sailed on that for me. I guess 'someone' could do similar to PJ legs, maybe velcro or poppers? I wear a tankini in the pool, a swimsuit was impossible to get on or off and I had help... Maybe poppers on the bottoms and you could wear any type of bikini/tankini top. Or board shorts maybe, they're looser. OK, not exactly catwalk fashion πŸ₯΄ xx

​

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary6NT View Post
                              Susie wow, what an impressive wardrobe! It is hard to visualise, I'm presuming they are custom made?
                              No they're not custom made. I get the pants and trousers from Adaptawear and the Debbie wrap skirt is from the Able Label. I just have one pair of trousers and one skirt. I haven't been able to wear any of my old clothes waist down for a couple of month of now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                                Susie Aha, I get it now, thanks.

Love the idea of waist to ankle side zips on trousers, ship has sailed on that for me. I guess 'someone' could do similar to PJ legs, maybe velcro or poppers? I wear a tankini in the pool, a swimsuit was impossible to get on or off and I had help... Maybe poppers on the bottoms and you could wear any type of bikini/tankini top. Or board shorts maybe, they're looser. OK, not exactly catwalk fashion πŸ₯΄ xx

A friend has just offered to alter some short legged PJ'S for me. Cut up the front of each leg so that they will fully open and then rejoin with velcro. Will try the same with my tankini bottoms. Can't wait to get back to the pool, only been once since being non ambulatory, at which time I could still get my swimsuit on with assistance. Being able to stand unaided (with floatation device) and actually move around! The joy of being upright, it's just amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X