Dressing for easy urination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Susie View Post
    The joy of being upright, it's just amazing.
    Sure is! Not quite the same but me standing tall in the hoist πŸ‘πŸ‘

It's good to have friends like yours πŸ€—

I was fortunate enough to do hydrotherapy in a deliciously warm pool with a physiotherapist in the water with me. 😘

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Thank you all for this chat – it is giving me ideas.

So we are sorted out for electric wheelchair (although it still gives me leg pain) and a WAV.

So now sort out problems with needing to use the toilet whilst in that said combination.

Seems like a practice with the convex stuff Is in order although flat fronted clothing and a bottle would do just as well
      Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 90% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including both shoulders and also some breathing issues – Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

Originally posted by nunhead_man View Post
        So we are sorted out for electric wheelchair (although it still gives me leg pain)
        That's not great, is it Andy 😟

I wonder if the pain is related to your seating position? Often a subtle, or not-too-subtle, change to how you sit makes a big difference and some aspect of the chair needs to be adjusted. I mean anything could be responsible: seat cushion height and support; leg rest length and angle; footplate angle; foot support and position; your own position in the chair.

Maybe the leg is in a 'corrected' position it hasn't been in for a while.
        Where in your leg is painful and is it in the weaker leg, if you have one? Is your OT on the case? xx

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Hi Andy,

I had my powerchair adjusted several times before it was comfortable. I had pains in my legs and coccyx ( I think that's right. ). I tried different cushions, back supports and footrests. I also had the height of the footrest adjusted several times. Wheelchair services kept coming out and I thought they'd get fed up even though we plied them with coffee and cake but they were incredibly patient. They might have been cursing me on the way home although they say not! It's impossible to know if an adjustment makes a difference until you've tried it for a while.

The wheelchair OT looked at my posture in the chair and thought I wasn't sitting far enough back. My feet kept falling off the footrest and this sorted that problem. They also fitted comfortable sheepskin to the footrest as I find it impossible to wear shoes. I know that sounds like such a diva.

Good luck with making your chair comfortable for you. It really is trial and error but so important.
          Love Debbie x

Comment

I cannot recommend sheepskin high enough. My bum loves it. πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜xx
            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Working...
            X