replied
    I cannot recommend sheepskin high enough. My bum loves it. 🤗😁😍😘xx

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    Forum Member

• Deb
    replied
    Hi Andy,

I had my powerchair adjusted several times before it was comfortable. I had pains in my legs and coccyx ( I think that's right. ). I tried different cushions, back supports and footrests. I also had the height of the footrest adjusted several times. Wheelchair services kept coming out and I thought they'd get fed up even though we plied them with coffee and cake but they were incredibly patient. They might have been cursing me on the way home although they say not! It's impossible to know if an adjustment makes a difference until you've tried it for a while.

The wheelchair OT looked at my posture in the chair and thought I wasn't sitting far enough back. My feet kept falling off the footrest and this sorted that problem. They also fitted comfortable sheepskin to the footrest as I find it impossible to wear shoes. I know that sounds like such a diva.

Good luck with making your chair comfortable for you. It really is trial and error but so important.
    Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by nunhead_man View Post
    So we are sorted out for electric wheelchair (although it still gives me leg pain)
    That's not great, is it Andy 😟

I wonder if the pain is related to your seating position? Often a subtle, or not-too-subtle, change to how you sit makes a big difference and some aspect of the chair needs to be adjusted. I mean anything could be responsible: seat cushion height and support; leg rest length and angle; footplate angle; foot support and position; your own position in the chair.

Maybe the leg is in a 'corrected' position it hasn't been in for a while.
    Where in your leg is painful and is it in the weaker leg, if you have one? Is your OT on the case? xx

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    Forum Member

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Thank you all for this chat – it is giving me ideas.

So we are sorted out for electric wheelchair (although it still gives me leg pain) and a WAV.

So now sort out problems with needing to use the toilet whilst in that said combination.

Seems like a practice with the convex stuff Is in order although flat fronted clothing and a bottle would do just as well

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Susie View Post
    The joy of being upright, it's just amazing.
    Sure is! Not quite the same but me standing tall in the hoist 👍👍

It's good to have friends like yours 🤗

I was fortunate enough to do hydrotherapy in a deliciously warm pool with a physiotherapist in the water with me. 😘

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    Forum Member

• Susie
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    Susie
    Forum Member
    Susie Aha, I get it now, thanks.

Love the idea of waist to ankle side zips on trousers, ship has sailed on that for me. I guess 'someone' could do similar to PJ legs, maybe velcro or poppers? I wear a tankini in the pool, a swimsuit was impossible to get on or off and I had help... Maybe poppers on the bottoms and you could wear any type of bikini/tankini top. Or board shorts maybe, they're looser. OK, not exactly catwalk fashion 🥴 xx

A friend has just offered to alter some short legged PJ'S for me. Cut up the front of each leg so that they will fully open and then rejoin with velcro. Will try the same with my tankini bottoms. Can't wait to get back to the pool, only been once since being non ambulatory, at which time I could still get my swimsuit on with assistance. Being able to stand unaided (with floatation device) and actually move around! The joy of being upright, it's just amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    Forum Member

• Susie
    replied
    Originally posted by Rosemary6NT View Post
    Susie
    Forum Member
    Susie wow, what an impressive wardrobe! It is hard to visualise, I'm presuming they are custom made?
    No they're not custom made. I get the pants and trousers from Adaptawear and the Debbie wrap skirt is from the Able Label. I just have one pair of trousers and one skirt. I haven't been able to wear any of my old clothes waist down for a couple of month of now.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    Susie
    Forum Member
    Susie Aha, I get it now, thanks.

Love the idea of waist to ankle side zips on trousers, ship has sailed on that for me. I guess 'someone' could do similar to PJ legs, maybe velcro or poppers? I wear a tankini in the pool, a swimsuit was impossible to get on or off and I had help... Maybe poppers on the bottoms and you could wear any type of bikini/tankini top. Or board shorts maybe, they're looser. OK, not exactly catwalk fashion 🥴 xx

Leave a comment:

• Rosemary6NT
    Forum Member

• Rosemary6NT
    replied
    Susie
    Forum Member
    Susie wow, what an impressive wardrobe! It is hard to visualise, I'm presuming they are custom made?

Leave a comment:

• denise
    Forum Member

• denise
    replied
    Oh Graham that made me laugh. Bless you love.
    hugs and cuddles
    Xxxx

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    Forum Member

• Graham
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    Graham soon be time for some tinsel 🤣🤭
    Yes, I was saying "Hello!" to a carer yesterday, unwittingly. That is the problem wearing boxers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9tmhX5u9rA

Love and hugs xxxx

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    Forum Member

• Susie
    replied
    Hi Ellie, my skirt is basically a large rectangle with an elasticated waistband at the back. I lay it on my wheelchair and then slide across onto it. It wraps around and fastens with velcro.
    My pants have side seams just infront of my hips, again fastening with velcro. Undo the velcro and the front of the pants drop forwards and I can slide on and off them and then do them up around myself after sliding back on.
    The trousers have a full length zip through the waistband to the ankle. Undo completely and same slide on and off principal. Hard to picture I know 😂

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    Forum Member

• matthew55
    replied
    Just a kid then. 😉😁🤣😍xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post