Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas?

I have to ask before I forget so my problem is my pump has started eating the bottles. By that I mean it seems to be sucking the air out so that the bottle distorts. Not another pump? πŸ€”πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜œxx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Sounds like the pump is out of sequence with the amount in the bottle. Stephen's was doing that there was next to nothing in the container but it was still pumping away. There must be a way of resetting it but I really don't know how. πŸ˜˜πŸ€”
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
      I have to ask before I forget so my problem is my pump has started eating the bottles. By that I mean it seems to be sucking the air out so that the bottle distorts.
      If they are the collapsible bottles, that's meant to happen. I've had them for ages (Nutricia) didn't know Abbott started using them or has your feed and pump been changed over? xx
      Last edited by Ellie; 21 November 2021, 21:09.
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Well it's my third pump and it's the first time it happened. I've had feeds since with no repeat. Thanks for thinking of me πŸ˜πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—πŸ˜xx
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

This is a 'before' and 'after' of my bottle of feed - do you think your one is collapsing in like this?

​

Comment

My bottles are different, when I disconnected from the pump, and took it to the sink there was a definite hiss as I removed the lid.

Comment

πŸ€” Is the giving set screwed firmly into the bottle top, weakening hands and all that πŸ˜₯ Air can get into the bottle, giving set, or both if seal isn't airtight. πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

That sounds about right. I have a tool that I use to take the initial cap off. I'll use it to put on. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‹πŸ˜πŸ“΄xx

Comment

Working...
                X