Hot and cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot and cold

Discovered today that weak hands cold are weaker. Warm them up and get some strength back. Grannies and eggs? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‹πŸ˜†πŸ˜xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Good for you Mathew x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Came on here to talk about the cold , it’s my first time feeling the cold in 40 yrs , and my god I struggle to talk,walk and don’t stop shaking oh the joys

Comment

yeah need to get the hand warmers out again. hey matthew a year ago i sent you a christmas card remember? thank goodness im home. xxx
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I certainly do. πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx
          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

I'm dressed neck to toe in thermals, accessorised with (hidden) legwarmers 🀭 but I pass for warm.

Cold not only makes a hand grip weaker, but also causes muscle tone to increase and causes cramps plus, if our teeth chatter, we bite our tongues or inner cheeks 😱😱 I actually take an extra 10mg Baclofen when I'm cold.

I try not to get cold in the first place, so new fleece blankets came last week πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
              I certainly do. πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx
              Hope they help 😘
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Working...
              X