painful shoulders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Shrew & Mick,

If it were me (which it isn't obvs ) I would first ask an OT to see if there is something to eliminate the cause of the pain, rather than simply masking the pain itself.

It may be that nothing can be done but it's worth seeing if there's a mattress or pillow which will mean no need for having to wake and turn every few hours!!

Of course there is nothing wrong with taking painkillers but sometimes there are physical solutions too - maybe a combination of the two.

Nothing beats a good night's sleep

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

thanks, he slept better last night, i rubbed some gel on ( like a pain relief) he said he put quilt between his legs and was more comfortable , his nurse emailed him his neurologist sent email to his gp to prescribe gabapebtin?

Comment

Oh, that's good he slept well last night.

Gabapentin is used for neuropathic (nerve) pain and is commonly enough prescribed.

It may increase his fatigue though, so he should watch for that, and also to make sure it doesn't affect his breathing - a lower dose may lessen these side effects. All drugs have side effects, it's just a matter of pros & cons and managing them.

Love Ellie.
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Shrew,

I hope the painkilling medication works out well for Mick, and that it enables him to sleep well at night-time.

I hope you and Mick have a lovely weekend.

Love,
          Kayleigh x

Comment

thanks, not had any confirmation its been processed yet , he usually gets a text when anything ready for collection at the chemist next door. I might ring in the morning. he also rang his OT this morning but was told that shes on a day off but in tomorrow so she will probably call 2m

Comment

thanks again everyone for your kind wishest

Comment

Working...
              X