Wonderful walks, sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful walks, sometimes

I am no longer doing much aerobic exercise at home, not because I can't, just because i waste time; and then it's bed time (lazy woman). However, i am going out with Peter and the dog much more often.

A tiny slope sees me falling behind (breathing more tricky due to reduced diaphram), and Peter usually has to slow his pace for me to keep up. The other day, i surprised myself - i kept up all the way! I noticed that my throat felt completely clear; then realised that, usually, it felt constricted.

Great news for me - just need to make sure i have a clear throat before we set off! But, how?
    Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

That’s good Evelyn. Walking is fab, enjoy xx
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Thanks Lynne. WE do as much as we can, and sometimes a bit too much!
      Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

I would have loved a Boxing Day walk today … not to be any more hey ho πŸŽ…πŸ»

Comment

Walking up mountains was my favourite thing up until about 2015. Not now πŸ˜” xx
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Just be careful. One bad fall can ruin a great day.
            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Working...
            X