X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denise
    replied
    Thanks ellie didn't know my wicked side was so apparent. 🤣

Yes Matthew you are right about the cold rinse. I thought it could only heat so much water so once it ran out you had to sit a while and wait for it warm up. Its certainly better than loo roll though. 🤭

Leave a comment:

• Sarahw
    replied
    Hi Sue. I have a hoist which I use to get on and off a closomat toilet. I wave at the device on the wall so I’m independent. I have 2 slings and when I’m having a shower I put my old sling on first thing and go about my business until it’s time for a shower. I sit on a shower chair with the seat thingy removed and then shower away. The hardest bit of the process is afterwards when I remove the wet sling, get dry and then start with the dry one. It’s a little extra effort but I can still do myself ( just) and it’s relatively ok.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    My Bio Bidet delivers hot but second use delivers cold. 🔥❄️😉🤣xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    Wouldn't fancy a hose and cold water.
    Betcha wouldn't mind doing it to others though 😏😍😍😘

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Bio bidet has warm water. Wouldn't fancy a hose and cold water. 😳

Leave a comment:

• Rosemary6NT
    replied
    Suefromwakey Ellie, you are cruel women

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Suefromwakey View Post
    Hilarious Eddie - my cheaper option would be garden hose and a lot less faffing,
    Or a power washer... 😉😘

Leave a comment:

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Hilarious Eddie - my cheaper option would be garden hose and a lot less faffing,

Leave a comment:

• WheelsOfSteel
    replied
    A quick Google does indeed find them, and the term for them is "shattaff" (I kid you not)

Leave a comment:

• Rosemary6NT
    replied
    Originally posted by WheelsOfSteel View Post
    I did notice those hoses in the bathrooms when I spent a brief period working in the Middle East.
    Never had the nerve to try them although in my present condition I can see the appeal.
    It's going to take so long for our bathroom conversion I'm thinking of getting one myself. Though it will require a plumber...

Leave a comment:

• WheelsOfSteel
    replied
    I did notice those hoses in the bathrooms when I spent a brief period working in the Middle East.
    Never had the nerve to try them although in my present condition I can see the appeal.

Leave a comment:

• Rosemary6NT
    replied
    Suefromwakey I don't know how helpful this is but my son who is T4 paraplegic following an accident lives in Thailand where all their loos have a small hose attached to the wall nearby to "clean up" afterwards over the toilet. He raves about them. If you google "Muslim toilets" you will find loads of such devices for sale.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    When my adaptions get done (long wait) I’ll have a Closomat wash and dry loo. The shower wheelchair chosen by the Council OT in consultation with the woman from Closomat who came together) will go over the loo. But it’s the type of wheelchair that doesn’t tilt back as they are too big for my wet-room. I’ll get a device that I just have to wave my hand over to operate it and a remote that Steve can use from a discrete distance xx
    Last edited by Lynne K; 3 December 2021, 15:50.

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Suefromwakey
    Hi Sue,we had trouble getting a nhs shower chair to go over bio bidet chair .We found that the shower seat with mesh seat we found on the internet does not fit all toilet shapes.
    We ended up with a shower padded chair from chiltern invadex at Banbury.This company came out and measured it up.( MND association helped fund it).

The problem is the bio bidet seat doesn’t fit all styles of toilets.We bought copper tape from b and q and my husband managed to work out where on the bio bidet Seat to fix the copper tape to override the sensors so it feels like somebody is Sat on it.

Hope it works to solve the problem.I now can go on shower chair over the bio bidet( but have help to pull down trousers and undies first)It saves another transfer .

Best wishes
    Maryx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    The wonderful, interesting and weird world of disability. This is why I'm happy to have mine. 😉🤔😜😍xx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X