Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MRI forgot to ask !

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    MRI forgot to ask !

    Hi Again
    Forgot this . I have received a letter for a full back &head scan ( doubt they will find any iqπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) when I mentioned this to the MND Nurse she asked me who had requested it ? Told her I don't know lol it doesn't say x I know from the forum & what I have been told it doesn't show anything so left a little puzzled. I know also people have had MRI before diagnosis as well. As always I appreciate your thoughts x Now I will just bore off . ... xx

    #2
    I've had every scan that exists. πŸ‘€πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜˜xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

    Comment


      #3
      Derbyram21
      Forum Member
      Derbyram21 pre diagnosis I had an MRI brain....then MRI full spine....my assumption to rule out other causes of symptoms
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Derbyram21 View Post
        I have received a letter for a full back &head scan
        The ship has sailed on this, my friend 😟

        Either it has been a very long waiting list and your pre-diagnosis MRI has just come up; there was an issue with your original MRI and it's being redone; it's as a result of your fall; it's for research purposes or it's a mistake - take your pick 😍 Did you have an MRI as part of the diagnostic process?

        There's no referring Doctor's name on the letter or it's not dated weeks ago? No harm contacting them to see if you have to attend - I don't know if you have to postpone it anyway due to you having the plague πŸ˜πŸ˜‰ xx
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

        ​

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Ellie View Post
          The ship has sailed on this, my friend 😟

          Either it has been a very long waiting list and your pre-diagnosis MRI has just come up; there was an issue with your original MRI and it's being redone; it's as a result of your fall; it's for research purposes or it's a mistake - take your pick 😍 Did you have an MRI as part of the diagnostic process?

          There's no referring Doctor's name on the letter or it's not dated weeks ago? No harm contacting them to see if you have to attend - I don't know if you have to postpone it anyway due to you having the plague πŸ˜πŸ˜‰ xx
          I didn't have one as part of the diagnosis and tbh I doubt it would have shown anything just probably ruled stuff our.
          l am inclined to agree with you that the ship has long sailed and it was requested prior. It's either that or due to the recent fall.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by LindaB View Post
            Derbyram21
            Forum Member
            Derbyram21 pre diagnosis I had an MRI brain....then MRI full spine....my assumption to rule out other causes of symptoms
            That was my assumption but as Ellie says that ship has sailed .

            Comment


              #7
              I had a spinal MRI approximately a 10 months before diagnosis (found degenerated discs). Then when re-referred I was sent for a brain MRI and muscle and nerve conduction tests, then diagnosed. Xx
              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

              I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
                I had a spinal MRI approximately a 10 months before diagnosis (found degenerated discs). Then when re-referred I was sent for a brain MRI and muscle and nerve conduction tests, then diagnosed. Xx
                I had no MRI diagnosed in March 21after Ck levels remained high in blood and muscle and nerve conduction tests.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Derbyram21
                  Forum Member
                  Derbyram21 I see xx
                  ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

                  I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X