No announcement yet.

Just hit me today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Graham and Rosemary. What’s the Molift Raiser Pro Rosemary? We’ve got a Return Platform but can’t use it on our thick carpets. It has a strap to pull the client up but Steve didn’t like it. He’s 71 so maybe that’s something to do with it. Too much for him.

I’m waiting on contact from the Council OT about hoists but Christmas holidays have slowed things. Waited also for care assessment and adaptions xx
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

I just googled the Molift Raiser Pro and it looks identical to the Return Platform so couldn’t be used on our thick carpets xx
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

Lynne K is it also a sign that we need to accept carers? I think you are waiting for this? When I was feeling everything was too much, the hospice consultant helped me clarify what was to do with needing and accepting more help. Sending love Xx
        Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Heather R thanks, yes I am waiting for a carers assessment. Hopefully in the first few days of this new business year xx

Comment

Lynne I'm the same. You're not alone. I seem to have took a dive since mid December. Legs getting very weak in my legs. I think we know whats ahead but with each new decline it frightens us. I have been positive but last few days I've struggled x
            Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

shelly21 thanks Shelly, my usually positive MND sister xx

Comment

Last year I actually rejected care. Now I can't live without it. Slow burner of slow burners. 😉🤗😁😍xx
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

matthew55 xx

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
                    Thanks Graham and Rosemary. What’s the Molift Raiser Pro Rosemary? We’ve got a Return Platform but can’t use it on our thick carpets. It has a strap to pull the client up but Steve didn’t like it. He’s 71 so maybe that’s something to do with it. Too much for him.

I’m waiting on contact from the Council OT about hoists but Christmas holidays have slowed things. Waited also for care assessment and adaptions xx
                    That's a shame. I find that the positioning of the belt is crucial and also having the knees lower than the hips helps
                    Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

Rosemary6NT I know. Luckily I can still just about get to my wheelchair using my walker and get to and use the loo mostly independently but I’m teaching Steve how to change my stoma bag. He did it last night but I changed it in the middle of the night as it wasn’t right. I gave him further tips a short while ago and he did it ok but hopefully won’t need my instruction shortly xx
                      Last edited by Lynne K; 3 January 2022, 17:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X