No announcement yet.

Covid19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doug Carpenter Sorry for the questions Doug but I presume now you'll test daily to make sure you're virus free.

Because I was pinged as a close contact, my carers came in full PPE - bless their little cotton socks for working like that 💖💖

Thinking of you Sweetie 😘😘🤗🤗🤞🤞
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Yes all, I got an email from the NHS about the new treatment for anybody vulnerable like me who has tested positive.

A worrying thing for me is that my fiddle playing husband has been out every Monday night to play with friends in a pub. I’ve been worried about him bringing any bugs home especially covid. He’s got a sore throat since last night and has refused to wear a mask when I asked him this morning. He took delivery of a 7 pack of covid rapid tests yesterday so he must have been aware of the danger but he still went. How selfish is that 😢 xx
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Lynne K sorry to hear that😡
        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

LindaB thanks xx
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

Thoughts much appreciated Ellie xx

Yes, carers are picking lateral flow test kits for me.

Glad your family are safe.

Doug x
            Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Lynne K Have you some tests too Lynne?

Take good care 🤗🤗😘

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
                Yes all, I got an email from the NHS about the new treatment for anybody vulnerable like me who has tested positive.

A worrying thing for me is that my fiddle playing husband has been out every Monday night to play with friends in a pub. I’ve been worried about him bringing any bugs home especially covid. He’s got a sore throat since last night and has refused to wear a mask when I asked him this morning. He took delivery of a 7 pack of covid rapid tests yesterday so he must have been aware of the danger but he still went. How selfish is that 😢 xx
                To me that definitely does feel a bit selfish, when the first lock down happened the fortnightly jazz jam sessions that i had been instrumental in running and providing house bass for several years screamed to a halt. It was one of the most painful happenings in my life, not to be able to go out and play music with other musicians.
                I looked forward to when we would be able to start playing again, until my partners diagnosis. Now I know I just can't take the risk like others can. My partner has been a life long asthmatic and of course MND is proper screwing up her breathing so I couldn't contemplate bring Covid back to the home from a jam session or gig and knowing hat it will curtail her life even more than it is already. It hurts to not play, and I admit that I have played three gigs this year, all outdoors, masked and separated from any revellers, and knowing my mates are going out to the jam sessions again is difficult but what price my loved ones life, if only for a short while longer it all counts, and I can go on after all this and play as much as I want.

Comment

Update - no test kits anywhere in this area
                  my GP surgery says not to worry.

Doug
                  Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Chris Mottram-Wooster Steve tested negative but still has a sore throat so I’m worried even if it’s some other virus xx

Comment

My wife got pinged and the PCR test came back positive even thought a LFT showed negative before and after, my advice don’t trust LFT’s, any risks or symptoms go for PCR’s strange thing is the two days following she did PCR’s again and both came back negative, I’m starting to mistrust the tests all together. she only had a cough and wore a mask all day and so far I haven’t had any problems, we’ve both had Boosters so hopefully they are working, all very confusing.

Comment

How are things Doug Carpenter ? xx

Comment

pardon me if we have already covered this but ive just received a test kit for stephen its a registered kit. COMBI126_HOME_ANTI-VIRAL_PCR Kit. thing is i dont know what im supposed to do with it. do i use it if he seems sick? is this to do with the tablet thing if it comes back positive?
                          when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                            do i use it if he seems sick? is this to do with the tablet thing if it comes back positive?
                            Use it only if Stephen has symptoms.

Click here for more info. xx

Comment

I got one and it went straight into the bin. 😁😂😍😘xx
                              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

thanks guys thats what i thought. he just loves me poking him up the nose and sticking those swabs down his throat. have to say it does nothing for me. comparable with dentist and opticians. just hate anyone getting that close i hold my breath. i shall pass out one of these days and it will be on a certificate as complications setting in due to having a swab.

when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Working...
                                X