• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doug Carpenter
    Forum Member
    • May 2017

Covid19

my very helpful nesxt door neighbour has just tested positive (PCR) for Covid19.

Doug
    Diagnosed April 2017
  • matthew55
    Forum Member
    • May 2020

Here's hoping that you keep safe.
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

• LindaB
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2021

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
      my very helpful nesxt door neighbour has just tested positive (PCR) for Covid19.

Doug
      Sorry to hear that....hopefully mild if fully vaccinated and will be ok after 10 days. Are you having to take a test....were you in contact?
      Take care🙏
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
        Forum Member
        • May 2017

Linda - Thanks. I'm boosted and have not been in contact since before they were positive.

Doug
        Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• LindaB
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2021

Doug Carpenter that's good news🙏
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

• Ellie
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2012

Yes Doug Carpenter ditto what Linda said - have you been identified as a close contact? Taken rapid tests?

My son is just over (a thankfully mild) Covid and I, being a household contact, had to isolate, along with husband and daughter, and have 3 negative antigen tests before being 'freed'. The boy, during this period, was 12 days in his bedroom and was handed his meals through the window so his germs didn't get a chance to escape into the hall 😏 Lucily, none of the 3 of us got it.

Hopefully you will avoid it but yes, worrying days ahead for you 🤞🤞😘😘
            ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Ellie
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2012

have not been in contact since before they were positive.
              How long before? xx
              Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                Forum Member
                • May 2017

3-4 days
                x
                Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Ellie
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2012

3-4 days
                  Were you in close contact?

Comment

• John D
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2021

Received an NHS emaIl today telling me my medical records show I am suitable for a new treatment if a PCR test confirms I have coronavirus which will stop me getting seriously Ill. I heard about the treatment earlier on the News. I can only think it’s because I’m living with MND. Anybody else get it?
                    Diagnosed June 2019. Bulbar palsy. Lost voice. Using PEG fitted April 2021 alongside eating normally albeit slowly and messily at times.

Comment

• Doug Carpenter
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2017

Yes
                      Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

• Heather R
                        Forum Member
                        • Jul 2020

Yes I have just got that letter. Don't know what the treatment is, do you? Certainly a lot more about. Your poor son, Ellie! So glad you didn't all get it though xx
                        Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

• denise
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2020

Something in tablet form I heard but I've stopped taking a lot of notice.

Anyone waiting for house bound covid jabs/boosters?
                          when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

• Ellie
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by John D View Post
                            I can only think it’s because I’m living with MND.
                            You're spot on John D

"The NHS is offering new antibody and antiviral treatments to people with coronavirus (COVID-19) who are at highest risk of becoming seriously ill.
                            2 types of COVID-19 treatment are available:
                            • sotrovimab (Xevudy)
                            • molnupiravir (Lagevrio)
                            Sotrovimab is a biological medicine. It is also known as a neutralising monoclonal antibody (nMAb).
                            Molnupiravir is an antiviral medicine.
                            These treatments can help some people manage their COVID-19 symptoms and reduce the risk of becoming seriously ill.

Who can have a COVID-19 treatment
                            Treatments for COVID-19 are for people aged 12 and over who have tested positive for the virus and are at highest risk of getting seriously ill.
                            This includes some people who have:
                            • a rare condition affecting the brain or nerves (including multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease, Huntington’s disease or myasthenia gravis)"

Comment

• Ellie
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
                              Your poor son, Ellie! So glad you didn't all get it though
                              Thank you Heather. xx

Comment

Working...
                              X