• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthew55
    Forum Member
    • May 2020

Boosted

Just had my booster jab. Will let you know if I have any problems. πŸ˜…πŸ™„πŸ€—πŸ˜€xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx
  • denise
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2020

Just had seasonal flu and pneumonia. What fun.
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

• Lynne K
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2017

Denise and Mathew good about your boosters. We had ours about a month ago xx
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Ellie
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2012

Better late than never πŸ‘πŸ‘

Stay safe xx
        ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user
        ​

Comment

• denise
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2020

Still haven't had covid boosters. I've had to email local council. Looks like they can't do it at home. Seems to me the attitude is if you can't get out you can't catch it. I'm not impressed. So much for treating the vulnerable.

😾

Comment

• LindaB
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2021

denise that's ridiculous....speak to your GP practice manager?
            Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

• denise
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2020

I think the only person I haven't spoken to at the surgery is the cleaner. It looks like sort it myself or forget it. No one is available.

Comment

• Mary C
                Forum Member
                • May 2020

Hi Denise all GP surgeries have a business manager.My advise is to ring and if the receptionist doesn’t know if vaccination is available in your home then the business manager will know the procedure.
                Dont give in.
                Best wishes
                Mary x

Comment

• LindaB
                  Forum Member
                  • Jun 2021

Finally got my booster todayπŸ’‰

I will add I had to nag....via my hospice nurse & physio & friend all contacting the surgery. Practice nurse turned up at my place this morning unexpectedly...but hey ho...it's done.
                  Took panadol just in caseπŸ’ŠπŸ’Š
                  Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

• Rosemary6NT
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2021

Originally posted by denise View Post
                    Still haven't had covid boosters. I've had to email local council. Looks like they can't do it at home. Seems to me the attitude is if you can't get out you can't catch it. I'm not impressed. So much for treating the vulnerable.

😾
                    That's terrible. Our Milton Keynes council is pleading with people on social media to come forward for boosters. You can just walk in off the street and get one.
                    Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

• Ellie
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2012

I think it's harder to get the booster jab in your own home.

GP's nurse gave me my booster on 22nd October, in the surgery carpark, didn't need to get out of the car, or I could have had it at home 2 weeks later, so I opted to go out. xx
                      Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user
                      ​

Comment

• matthew55
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2020

It makes me laugh that me, someone who wants to die, is now safe from Covoid. πŸ‘€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ€—xx
                        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

• Ellie
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                          It makes me laugh that me, someone who wants to die, is now safe from Covoid. πŸ‘€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ€—xx
                          You're not 100% Covid-proof so you never know... 😏😘😘
                          ​

Comment

• denise
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2020

Local government said too many waiting so they have given me email for NHS home visit team. Strange local gp surgery doesn't know there is one. It's a real mess.

Comment

• Lynne K
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2017

Originally posted by denise View Post

😾
                              Denise, you can go to the NHS vaccine site and book boosters yourself at different places of your choosing xx
                              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Working...
                              X