• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we mean CHC?

I.e. NHS funded continuing health care

Doug
    Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Care In Community my grant was arranged by my senior nurse in the council run community neurology department. She is also my Guardian Angel. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

matthew55 thanks Mathew xx
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
          She is also my Guardian Angel.
          She certainly is ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜˜
          โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
            LindaB thanks Linda, can you remind me what CIC stands for please? Thanks xx
            Like others I haven't heard of CIC...in regard to funding....sorry xx
            Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

https://www.cqc.org.uk/search/servic...e=15&mode=html

Lynne K
              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

Lynne K I would look for outstanding although in fairness good is good๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—

Comment

LindaB thanks xx
                  ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

LindaB I trawled through 18 pages looking for outstanding and none . I hope that the personal care list of potential carers is better but itโ€™s a minefield the whole things isnโ€™t it? Xx

Comment

Lynne K if you follow the link above....the page has filters click on outstanding where it says refine your search...I think there are 23...but good is also ok xx

Comment

LindaB thanks xx

Comment

I'm still a Southerner. My Right at home is in Lowton. ๐Ÿก๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜xx
                          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

Hi Ellie,
                            When I worked for Social Services pre MND diagnosis 18 months ago care at home was funded by

1)Social services funded which included a financial assessment to determine if the person was required to pay a contribution.

2)Self fundedโ€ฆIf the person requiring care at home had more than ยฃ23.250 in their name only then they would need to pay for carers in full until savings dropped below that figure.A contribution would then be needed.

3)Continuing health care funded.Whereby NHS pay in full for care at home and no contribution required by the care recipient.

4) Direct payment to fund personal assistant โ€ฆโ€ฆfinanced by social services with a financial assessment required to determine care recipients contribution.

best wishes
                            Mary

Comment

Mary C interesting to read that Mary, thanks for your efforts to type it xx

Comment

Originally posted by Mary C View Post
                                1)Social services funded which included a financial assessment to determine if the person was required to pay a contribution.
                                Thank you Mary - the first option must apply in this case, which is great for Matthew. I just hadn't heard of 'CIC' before.

Hope you had a lovely day yesterday - I know Christmas must have a deeper meaning to you, than it does for many of us. xx
                                โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Working...
                                X