Excellent news Matthew

Leave a comment:

• Rosemary6NT
    replied
    Sounds promising Matthew, I hope it all goes well

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I can only suck it and see although the manager I saw said that if I phone the out of hours number and don't say anything and hang up they will text or email me straight back. 👍😁🤩🤠xx

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    This is a similar experience to what I had. Care agencies struggle to find the staff to cope with caring for MND. It is complex care, particularly when non-verbal. Frustration on both sides occurs.

A part Direct Payments option is better to maintain consistency of care but the cost is management of the DP.

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    replied
    Fantastic news Matthew. 🤗😊xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    matthew55 I know you said it's small Care Agency but do the carers clock in and out via an App, so the company is alerted automatically of any 'no-shows'? xx

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi Matthew, I really hope this new care arrangement works out for you.I hope they have agreed with you the tasks to be done and understand things change with MND .
    4 calls a day of one hour duration is a good start.There will be a period of you getting to know the carers and give versa.
    Lets Hope this gives you the support you need.
    Make sure you get contact details for out of hours and normal day time hours to email/ text.
    Really good news.
    Best wishes
    Mary x

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    So pleased for you Matthew. That's great news and fantastic that its given you a boost. Xxx 😘🥰🤗

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    matthew55 thats great xx
    Last edited by Lynne K; 23 December 2021, 20:22.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I have asked for for a mixed team and I don't know how many but I will always get the same ones. They are being PEG and Pump trained. They have other MND livers on their books. I can't wait. 📚😁😍😘xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    Just had my meeting with the new agency
    Four visits a day of an hour each starting first week of January.
    That's fantastic news Matthew 👍👍👍

Do the carers have to be trained in on using the pump, giving meds and flushes through the feeding tube or are they already fully trained?

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    and a dedicated team to boot.
    That's the only way to have it with complex cases like ours.
    How many carers will be on your team?

A Christmas Miracle 😉😍 and a great start to 2022 😘🤗😘🤗

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    matthew55 sounds like you managed it all very well!! Great news and really glad it's lifted your spirits....couldnt be more pleased for you👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    matthew55 sounds fab about your new agency xx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Oh and a dedicated team to boot. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁👍xx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Just had my meeting with the new agency and I think it means you will have the pleasure of my company a bit longer. Four visits a day of an hour each starting first week of January. Housework, meds given, pump set up the list goes on. Feel better about life now. 📃👍👆👌❤️xx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X