Oximeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oximeter

I was sent an oxymeter by Steve’s daughter from who lives in New Zealand with her GP partner. Steve just tested me. My 02 was 92, which seems ok but my pulse was 110, worrying. I’ve felt something iffy all day. What can I do to reduce it. I tried meditation but as soon as I stopped I felt similarly iffy, thanks xx
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

92 Sats is a bit low Lynne, so your 110 HR might be linked to that.

Sometimes it's best to leave the oximeter on your finger for a while, before it settles down and remember, not all monitors are 100% accurate.

Music, radio drama, reading, immerse yourself in a gentle film maybe? But, if you feel like there is something not quite right, seek medical advice?

Any rapid Covid tests left? xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Lynne K,
      is this an issue you can discuss with GP , palliative care team, district nurses.There could be a range of causes .
      It’s horrible to sit there worrying though.
      Best wishes
      Mary

Comment

Ellie
        Forum Member
        Ellie it’s not covid definitely. But good ideas, thanks xx
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

Ellie
          Forum Member
          Ellie I did what you said, left it on for a while (had to take off to come to the loo). O2 94/95 and pulse 98/103 so will work on it more. Thanks xx

Comment

Originally posted by Mary C View Post
            Hi Lynne K,
            is this an issue you can discuss with GP , palliative care team, district nurses.There could be a range of causes .
            It’s horrible to sit there worrying though.
            Best wishes
            Mary
            I’ll see how it is in a day or two and if still my pulse is high I’ll put a query to my GP on the NHS app. Thanks Mary xx

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
              I did what you said, left it on for a while O2 94/95
              That's more like it Lynne - mine always starts low but after a minute or so, it stabilises at a higher level. xx

Comment

Ellie
                Forum Member
                Ellie thanks, you’re a star 💫 xx

Comment

Admin_MND
                  Forum Administrator
                  Admin_MND Can a technician correct my spelling on the title to this thread please. I realised as soon as clicked to post it and it’s annoying me now. Thanks x
                  Lynne K
                  Forum Member
                  Last edited by Lynne K; 27 December 2021, 21:26.

Comment

Lynne K
                    Forum Member
                    Lynne K Tag Admin_MND in your post above by using the @, then they'll see it. xx

Comment

Ellie
                      Forum Member
                      Ellie thanks x

Comment

For a few minutes (half hour ago) I got O2 96 and pulse 51. Maybe my pulse slowed as I got tired. I’ve just put my pjs on as go to bed between 10.30 and 11 mostly xx

Comment

Just did oximeter 02 96, pulse 69-61 getting better xx

Comment

Lynne K
                            Forum Member
                            Lynne K Great way to start your day 👍👍 xx

Comment

Ellie
                              Forum Member
                              Ellie thanks Ellie xx

Comment

Working...
                              X