No announcement yet.

Oximeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today sitting on my RR chair listening to relaxing music on headphones and got back of chair a little down at back for relaxing my oximeter reading is 02 96, pulse 61.

But beforehand after I’d been peddling on my floor peddler it was all over the place ie 02 56 - 96 maybe my finger not in properly. Pulse from 69 -98, that’s why I put music on and I’m trying to relax.

The oximeter is a good tool but sensitive xx

ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Lynne K Pedaling or no pedaling, I'd have no faith in a pulse oximeter which gave readings of 56-96%. Maybe it wasn't on properly, like you said and, if your oxygen saturation really was 56%, you'd know all about it - blue lips, nailbeds and breathing problems. xx
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ellie thanks Ellie. You’re a mine of information 😉 xx
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

I was also told not to have nail varnish on the finger you use...seems obvious but I hadn't thought of it 💅
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

LindaB thanks Linda but I don’t wear nail varnish xx

Comment

Another oximeter result just now 02/pulse = 96/58, even better . I must be more relaxed.

Fear not: I won’t bore you all any more with my readings now that I know what it’s all about xx
              Last edited by Lynne K; 29 December 2021, 16:37.

Comment

Working...
              X