Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hospice

Hi

For those of you who have access to your local hospice are you still attending their day car/ therapies. My husband was recently referred to our local hospice in Warrington to provide possible sit in service for a couple of hours a week or for him to attend one day a week but was informed they are not providing this at present

Piglet our hospice is Bury and has put me down for a leg massage. They don’t have full day services xx
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Lynn. So do you go there for the massage.x

Comment

When I visit DH in the hospice I check in opposite the day hospice. I've never seen anyone there.

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
          Hi Lynn. So do you go there for the massage.x
          I only met the Outreach leader Carol on Monday and she’s referred me to the team xx
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

Mmm so maybe all day facilities are unavailable at present. Thankyou x

Comment

Lynn. it was the out reach worker that told me there was nothing on offer at present. I’m glad you’ve been able to access your x

Comment

Piglet thanks x

Comment

Piglet Day Hospice in my hospice reopened for a few weeks late last summer before closing again. xx
                  ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thanks Ellie. So it’s not just Warrington. I know you have had respite at your Hospice do you ever use the day facilities.xx

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
                      I know you have had respite at your Hospice do you ever use the day facilities.xx
                      I sure did use the Day Hospice - physiotherapy, massage, nursing, counselling 👍👍 The mindfulness wasn't for me (kept giggling 🙄) and I couldn't do the art therapy nor eat the free lunch, but I looked forward to going - got me out of the house and meeting more people. xx

Comment

Sounds good. Shame it’s not on offer anymore. Glad you had some giggles there😀😀xx

Comment

Hi Piglet, since I was diagnosed 18 months ago the Skakespeare hospital in Stratford upon Avon has not been open for day hospice due to covid.No date set for reopening either,
                          best wishes
                          Mary

Comment

I'm west Midlands and I go to day unit. Its been open since August. I know I am lucky.
                            Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Originally posted by shelly21 View Post
                              I'm west Midlands and I go to day unit. Its been open since August. I know I am lucky.
                              About time you'd a bit of luck Shelly 😏😘😘

Comment

Working...
                              X