Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matthew55
    replied
    My right leg bounces up and down so much. One district nurse changing my catheter thought I was nervous. 😁xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    All I'm after is nicotine patches and the stuff ellie suggested for dancing legs.
    πŸ€” And they can't or won't prescribe them? (In case others are wondering, there are meds [pramipexole & ropinirole] which stop restless legs syndrome)

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    All I'm after is nicotine patches and the stuff ellie suggested for dancing legs. It's taking a while. I've gone from surgery to hospital and possibly back to surgery. I'm not sure where I go next. Probably Santa. πŸ™„

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Well I have morphine, Baclofen, Carbocisteine, Co-cocodemol, paracetamol, Glycopyrronium Bromide and happy pills with Lansoprazole. 🧐πŸ€ͺ🀯😁xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
    I suspected that the medications that put a lining on your stomach stop Riluzone getting through so I stopped take the stomach protective medication.
    Before I started taking Lansoprazole, I researched if it would have an effect on any of my meds or supplements and I was satisfied that it would not.

If my vitamin B12 supplements weren't sublingual, I would have changed them, as PPIs are known to decrease its absorption, but nothing else I take had any malabsorption or needed a specific gastric pH, so I personally am happy taking Lansoprazole but of course, people make decisions based on their overall medical needs, not on one tablet alone. xx.

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    With my yoghurt, I have banana pancakes made by wizzing up mashed bananas, oats and eggs (good for people who have trouble with wheat), then frying in butter

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Lynne K it's a balancing act but I'd say you could say the same of any drugs and Lansoprazole. I take it when I take ibuprofen to prevent stomach ulcers and my neck tells me the ibuprofen is doing the job. Just saying. πŸ€—πŸ˜€πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    I was given similar medication for stomach protection but since mnd and taking Riluzone I suspected that the medications that put a lining on your stomach stop Riluzone getting through so I stopped take the stomach protective medication. Lynne x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Sarahw If your reflux becomes a regular thing, you might benefit from taking a PPI medicine - I take Lansoprazole every day, not only to protect my stomach lining from the meds I take but also to reduce reflux. Once my diaphragm muscle weakened, I was prone to acid reflux. xx

Leave a comment:

• DeeH
    replied
    That's great

We have been having Co-op Blueberry Pancakes for breakfast the last few weeks.

Pop in toaster

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Only one in ten or so of my burps actually get to my mouth. Mostly they are a vibration under my ears. Happy Days. πŸ˜€πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ˜xx

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Sarah, I’ve had reflux, heart burn and indigestion on and off for many years before MND. I took anti-inflammatories (naproxen, which were very good) for lots of years to ease RSI and joint pains. My GP took me off these ones and gave me a kinder to my stomach new one. He said that the original ones had eroded the top of my stomach. But I don’t take any anti- inflammatories now. I try not to eat fat or anything acidic but I’m caught out by things that I love and things that I need for other reasons ie my daily pineapple juice. Love Lynne x
    Last edited by Lynne K; 25 September 2021, 09:33.

Leave a comment:

• Sarahw
    replied
    LynneK - you mentioned indigestion and reflux. Ive recently had a really bad bout of this and just thought I’d been eating badly. Is this yet another little surprise MND has in store for me?

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Eat up. Nuff said πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Hi Miranda,

They sound lovely and very versatile.

Apologies for the stupid question!! But, do you mean the "Scotch" type pancakes?

I've been having a look online and thinking of fillings. (At least they won't go to waste in my house if I cannot manage them )

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X