First proper fall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First proper fall.

Slipped and went down backwards. Not hurt and luckily had two ladies on hand to get me up. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ˜xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    Slipped and went down backwards. Not hurt and luckily had two ladies on hand to get me up. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ˜xx
    Ah, glad that you werenโ€™t hurt or left on the floor for ages xx
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Matthew.Glad help was on hand.
      Best wishes
      Mary

Comment

You mean you slipped when your carers were there...is this the new team?

Hope you're ok...falling shakes you up๐Ÿ™
        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

My brilliant new team were indeed on hand. I just felt a bit stupid. My pride, was hurt not my body. I fell onto carpet and rug between sofa and coffee table. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜xx
          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

Slipped and went down backwards.
            Oh, I think there has to be stitches or staples involved for it to be classed as a proper fall ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

Seriously though, I'm glad you're not badly hurt and help was on hand. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
            โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

I'm sure staples and stitches are in my future. ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐Ÿค•๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

Oh no! This sort of thing is really unsettling. Take care
                Diagnosed October 2020 - See my blog at https://www.myneurodiary.com

Comment

Rugs.....we love....but very risky๐Ÿ˜

Glad you're ok๐Ÿ˜‰
                  Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

matthew55 I hope not too many bruises. Breaking your carers in gently then?
                    Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

In at the deep end ๐ŸŠโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

Typical Matthew - Falls for his new carers๐Ÿ˜€ Please excuse my humour and Iโ€™m pleased you were OK. When I now fall I cannot get up and the last time I needed an ambulance ๐Ÿ˜ข
                        Richard

Comment

Yes I love rugs too Matthew, glad you fell on one. As Linda said, I guess we will have to think of giving them up sometime xx
                          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

matthew55 Very surprised (and pleased for you) that the carers got you up. When i was working as a carer, we were told to call 999, we were not to try and pick anyone up; perhaps there are different rules for 2 carers, rather than 1? Very scary though. I went backwards over our dog, and in trying to miss her, slammed my back against a desk. Fortunately, better now.
                            Mum died with MND in 1979 โ€“ My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

Working...
                            X