My new carers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new carers

Different gravy and such a difference to the last lot. Right at Home gets a massive thumbs up from me. πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ€—xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

That's great. How do they differ? x
    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

I feel they care about me as a person not just a client. 😁❀️😘😍
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Great to hear thay you're happy with them mate πŸ‘πŸ‘ xxx
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
          Different gravy and such a difference to the last lot. Right at Home gets a massive thumbs up from me. πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ€—xx
          Brilliant newsπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

matthew55 that can make such a difference can't it.xx
            Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Thats great matthew55 . So pleased you're happy with your new carers. πŸ™‚πŸ˜Š

As an irrelevant aside I love your avatar. One of our sons was so obsessed with the cartoon that his nickname was Gadget . πŸ€£πŸ˜˜πŸ€—xx

Comment

Really happy hearing this matthew. Living alone is hard but made better with care. You deserve it x
                Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

I'm going to ring a few this morning. I've got a card with money on to pay for care and a few numbers to call from caring for carers. I suppose they come here and discuss our needs. I'm hoping to get a 4 hour break for me and somewhere Stephen can go and get him out of the house. I feel a bit nervous as the last lot I tried really upset me and put me right off.
                  when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

denise oh that's not good, hope you find some nice ones xx

Comment

Wonderful Mathew x
                      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                        I'm going to ring a few this morning. I've got a card with money on to pay for care and a few numbers to call from caring for carers. I suppose they come here and discuss our needs. I'm hoping to get a 4 hour break for me and somewhere Stephen can go and get him out of the house. I feel a bit nervous as the last lot I tried really upset me and put me right off.
                        Good luck for a nice 4 hours for Stephen and that you can relax xx
                        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Great news Matthew, that must be a relief. We are just about to start the search for carers πŸ˜•
                          Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

denise Really hope you find good help my lovely xx
                            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

So do I. I'm going to try age UK first. Just heard from fronto temporal dementia organisation who have some suggestions but saying covid/Christmas holdups. I'm going to leave dementia UK for a while because I'm waiting to see what mnd/neurologist team say. To be honest I don't know what to do? Too many cooks or just sit back and nowt happens. Which seems more normal and I end up writing stroppy emails. I'm happy today. Goodness knows why. But hey make the most of it. Sunbathing this morning helped. πŸ™‚ what happens if you don't like them? Can you imagine getting to say "you're fired!". Gosh. New one for me though I did get rid of last lot but got social services to do it for me. The power of it all. 😎
                              when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Working...
                              X