Peg Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peg Issues

I have had my peg six days and last night I noticed the fixer plate was cracked. I am not yet registered with Homeward and my dietician is due tomorrow. I have contacted her and she is trying to get someone out today. Meanwhile I have taped it up with blue dot tape. Has the happened to anyone else and any idea why? I made sure I slept on my back or side and am not heavy
    Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

The fixer is in two pieces. Are you sure it's cracked?
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

matthew55

Oh I didn't know that. It looks like there is a diagonal line across the corner. If that is normal then that's a relief. Should it be flat against the body as mine sticks out?

Comment

Leave the width of a pound coin between it and skin.
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by GillB View Post
          matthew55

Oh I didn't know that. It looks like there is a diagonal line across the corner. If that is normal then that's a relief. Should it be flat against the body as mine sticks out?
          My fixer plate is one piece, triangular in shape. It is also a flexible plastic material. I can't see how it would be broken by you. It sticks out a bit if it is clamped close to the body and the tube has moved inwards as it often seems to do.
          Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

Some tubes have 'elbow jointed' external fixators/discs/retainers, others just have flat discs, it depends on the brand, examples below:

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Thanks all. Panic over and mine is the top one in the photo Ellie

My dietician came this morning and all became clear. I truly believed I had cracked it myself.

Comment

Don't worry we all have been where you are 😊😁😎😍xx

Comment

Working...
                X