Clear All

• WheelsOfSteel
    replied
    Thanks folks.
    Hmmm, so they have the GOOD drugs then

Leave a comment:

• shelly21
    replied
    I love my palliative care team. The ot is fab and the doctor is really trying with my pain due to muscle wasting. I know you are not end of life but once diagnosed with a life limiting condition that is the team that you get allocated.

Just maybe keep an open mind.

Leave a comment:

• Olivia H
    replied
    Hi
    I'd say it's a matter of personal choice and individual need. Many people have found their palliative care team a huge support even at early stages, whether holistic or assisting with getting the right assistance.
    I personally have not had any access to this with my mnd as it has not been necessary or required by me so far (10 years).
    Whatever works for you.
    All the best. X

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Relax we are palliative care from day one. It just means that that there are no drugs to cure us, therefore any drugs are there just to make us comfortable. I've been under palliative care for two years and counting. 👍✌️👇😁xx

Leave a comment:

• WheelsOfSteel
    started a topic Meeting my Palliative Care Team

Meeting my Palliative Care Team

I am only just over a year in from my symptoms starting, and 3 months in from actual diagnosis, but on Friday I am going to the hospital to meet the Palliative Care Team. I appreciate it is all about "planning ahead" and gaining an awareness of how the later stages will be managed, but it is getting to me a bit.
    I have always been accepting and realistic about my (our) "life limiting condition", but this is the first time I have been apprehensive about going to an appointment.
    I appreciate the role the Palliative Care Team do, but I can't help thinking that they are the endgame, and once you are passed into their care you aren't coming back. It just feels too soon to be thinking about that - although I can see it makes sense.
    Have you folks had these meetings? How did it go?
    Just seeking reassurance please.
Working...
X