Frequent urination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frequent urination

Hi. For the men on this forum, do any of you feel that since taking Riluzole you feel the urge to pass more urine frequently.

No

....a UTI ?

Doug
    Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Piglet Infrequent side effectsof Riluzole, regardless of gender, include urinary urgency and urinary incontinence, as well as a slightly raised risk of getting a UTI.

Are you sure it's not a UTI? xx
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ellie @Doug. Thanks for your response. No definite no infection. My husband appears to be obsessed with going to urinate..Yes Ellie I read about Riluzole potential with frequency but he’s been taking Riluzole for over four years now. I’ve got the district nurse coming on Monday so will discuss avenues with her. Many thanks to you both.

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
          he’s been taking Riluzole for over four years now.
          Hmmm, it's unlikely to be that so.

Sensitive question: has he other 'odd' behaviours? xx

Comment

Ellie yes Ellie he does. Has cognitive changes, and I believe he has become preoccupied with urination throughout the day and night. Some times he needs to go other times ther is nothing to pass. G p has looked into prostate medication with little effect and a small amount of Lorazepam at night. Instead of getting up 4-5 times a night this has reduced to 2-3.
            Hopefully get some help tomorrow when district nurses come. They mentioned a catheter but then said he would possibly get more UTIs as he doesn’t drink a lot. He may also not be aware he has one and try to pull it out🤭🤭xx

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
              I believe he has become preoccupied with urination throughout the day and night.
              You know him best - you're probably correct, even if the current preoccupation started with real physical urges (to a lesser degree)

All the best for tomorrow. xx

Comment

I had myself carheterised as I was, wanting to go 24/7 luckily no more sex in my life 😉😂🤗🍪xx
                ​​​​​​
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

matthew55 My husband is having a bladder scan tomorrow following todays visit by district nurse to rule out any physical cause but I’m convinced it’s psychological. They may try a catheter in the future. If you don’t mind me asking. Do people with a catheter know when they are passing urine, do they get the sensation with those without a catheter. Xx

Comment

Don't worry you can still feel it. 😁🤗🍪😋xx
                    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

I think Stephen could reside in the bathroom. He can walk past the bathroom door and make it to the kitchen and decide he needs the toilet. It comes on quickly. He has a nappy and certainly pees all night . I thought the night time problem was because of finding it difficult to get out of bed but it continues during the day. I've never visited so many toilets. Could definitely do with more disabled toilets simply because its embarrassing having to help him in the mens loo. He got trapped in the toilet on the ferry. He couldn't find what he was looking for 🙄 another guy in the loo wouldn't help him so I had to go in and sort him out but as the doors on the ferry are difficult to pull open he would never have got back out. Think I might ask the community nurse about a uti but he doesn't mention pain. That's if one ever turns up again. 🙄
                      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Don't tell anyone but as my toilet is upstairs I used the kitchen sink! 🚽😂😁😜xx

Comment

Haha. I promise I wont. Surprised you can reach but perhaps we shouldn't discuss that here. 🤣

Comment

My height has advantages 😂😁😍😘xx

Comment

You always make me laugh you are wonderful xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X