X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoist small enough to fit in any room

img_0450.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jonboy53; 9 April 2019, 14:18. Reason: rubbish forum wont allow me to rotate picture

no need for a sling

Comment

You won’t get one of these from NHS OT - privatised or notimg_0450.jpg

Comment

Looking good Jonboy! Did you design it yourself?

Kayleigh x

Comment

only as a concept - then I scoured the www to find one. luckily I found it. I wish you could see my completed MND facility

Comment

It looks pretty amazing. Can you tell us a bit more about it and how it works?

Comment

https://www.handimove.com/ Neuro OT only have one crappy solution for MND. So I sacked them. We have designed and built a disabled bathroom based around a Closomat Palma Vita. We designed a commode that would integrate with the Closomat - `i get my bum washed by the closomat. no nappies, no bedpans, no pooing in a commode bucket. the last hurdle was getting out bed safely onto the commode. The surehands picks me up like a mother. picks up a baby. PERFECT.

I live upstairs, which is what my wife and I decided on the day of my diagnosis. I have music/TV/Xbox at my bedside - I have an ICU monitor for monitoring my etCO2 etc. etc..

I have a Nippy 3+ and nosepillow for NIV.

I have a tiny electric wheel chair to get me round upstairs, I can get into my office and pay bills, look atg my old toys and sell stuff on Ebay.

I train every day to keep as much muscle tone as possible - using TENS machines and EMS machines, I can tone up limbs that are totally denervated.

Only the hospital bed and active mattress have been supplied by the NHS. the rest I have bought and modified myself - I have spent £20,000 but it is an awesome facility.
              Last edited by jonboy53; 9 April 2019, 14:15.

Comment

https://www.handimove.com/

Comment

4E1772DC-10D2-4021-8774-EDB66BF7D4C0.jpg533BFBA8-FC6D-4437-BDFF-9C95F66CFC07.jpgD33D1E2A-763C-44BB-AE17-D6EE0EC5A84F.jpg61BCE869-C2F6-4EA4-98FC-3B2F3FB5C5F9.jpg The guy in the red shorts is me age 38, I used to do weight training and this is linked to ALS, I am also an aerospace engineer which is another link.
                  Last edited by jonboy53; 10 April 2019, 13:13.

Comment

Many thanks for the handimove link jonboy.

Doug

Comment

Hi Jonboy,

Many thanks for all the very useful information about your excellent MND facility.

.. and the guy in the red shorts looks cool!

Best wishes to you and your wife,
                      Kayleigh x
                      Last edited by Kayleigh; 9 April 2019, 15:32.

Comment

Thank you for all the useful information, Jonboy. I shall look into Handimove.

Comment

Working...
                        X