I will still be me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
    We will do my husbands hopefully tomorrow.
    Hope it goes well for you both Piglet

I read the transcript of the book and know it will be hard read for many people, so I recommend you both read the book before you start recording, otherwise there might be sniffles on the recording 😏

Let us know how the recording process goes, if you can. xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I watched the video Ellie and thought the same re tears. When I cry my speech is rubbish. I'm waiting for a quiet time and sit alone. Great advise re Reading a few times re desensitising it x
      Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

For anyone wanting to read or hear the full book, click here xx

Comment

Ellie good idea.xx

Comment

Hi all. I did my recording yesterday. Its good that you can listen as you record and playback. If you don't like it you just re record.

it says I will get my voice recording within 24 hrs.2i will keep you updated.

Comment

Look forward to feedback....my voice so poor now not sure this would be effective for me...👍🏻😉
              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

shelly21 👍👍

Comment

Thank you everyone for the hints and the link.

I've just read the book to myself .. I was armed with much needed issues but it's lovely.

I've been putting off banking my voice but im definitely going to do it now. I might need to read the book several more( hundred!) times first.

Love Debbie x😘🤗

Comment

Deb Well done. I had to re record parts re emotion coming out.

My voice is very slow so I knew it wouldn't be perfect. But the do have a fix it facility so its worth a try.

They send you a sample of your voice. 5 choices of different variations.

x

Comment

Originally posted by shelly21 View Post
                      They send you a sample of your voice. 5 choices of different variations.
                      Do you mean you have the sample voices back already Shelly? xx

Comment

Yes. Only a few sentences. It comes back @24hrs. Now await the funding process x

Comment

Originally posted by shelly21 View Post
                          It comes back @24hrs.
                          That's impressive!

Hopefully you'll have the funded finished product through soon. xx

Comment

Working...
                          X