Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really annoying

Bits are appearing in my eyelashes πŸ˜ πŸ€¬πŸ˜„πŸ˜Šxx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

πŸ€” Like dandruff?

Do your ladies ever clean your eyelids? I don't know if you still use a shampoo cap, but if you do have your hair washed, washing your eyes (keeping them firmly shut!!) with the run off from your head is good for keeping eyelids clean and healthy.

Failing that, have them clean your eyelids everyday with a clean damp flannel or a damp cotton wool pad (handy as they're always clean) and maybe even a tiny bit of mild baby wash.

I'm hesitant to mention dandruff treatments and tea tree oil as you'd be relying on others to apply it for you, and your eyes are precious.

πŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
      Bits are appearing in my eyelashes πŸ˜ πŸ€¬πŸ˜„πŸ˜Šxx
      My support is with you

Comment

Wishing you well

Comment

matthew55

Thomas gets this. I have an eye wash I bought a spray bottle to put it in and wipe with cotton pads.

Obviously a flannel face wash as well. Helps
          Last edited by DeeH; 18 February 2022, 10:37. Reason: edit for spelling
          Donna

Carer for husband Thomas, diagnosed with MND of Fail Arm Type in July 2020.

Comment

stephen always complained of getting shampoo in his eyes so i have bought baby shampoo the no more tears kind and he hasnt had a problem since and it helps with regard to cleaning round his eyes. im also thinking eye make up remover pads would be good because they are made for the eye area and keep it well moisturised.
            when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I wonder if you have blepharitis? I have that and have to clean my eyelids with a cotton pad soaked in hot boiled water (not too hot) with a small amount of bicarbonate of soda in it.
              Bulbar ALS diagnosed September 2021, no speech, PEG fed, using ipad with Predictable to communicate, taking each day as it comes

Comment

Working...
              X