Rip mary cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip mary cross

It’s with a heavy heart that I write to inform this forum that my mother, Mary across, passed away peacefully in the early hours this morning 19.2.22

Mary’s journey started from diagnosis 20 months ago and it was a cruel and long battle, but she didn’t suffer at the end and she died peacefully in her sleep with her whole family there. She maintained a little speech and was able to communicate until she gently started drifting away and it was all very dignified. She didn’t have any additional intervention, staying stoic and graceful until the bitter end.

My mom’s final wishes was to tell you all to stay strong and have trust and faith in God. Reach out and get support and do not be alone. It is indeed a cruel illness and I’ll never understand why my mom had to go so young, but the life she had was fulfilled and happy.

God Bless you all.

Marie x

@thefairytalebuild (contactable via Instagram)

Oh that's such sad news Marie.
    Your mum offered lots of us advice and support in this forum and clearly she was a social worker through and through. Kind and compassionate always. Such a loss.

My thoughts & prayers are with you and all the family at this incredibly sad time. Sending my love 🙏🕯
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

She is at peace. I feel your pain 🙏
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Thankyou for letting us know your sad news. My thoughts are with you and the family.
        Sending love. Lizzie

Comment

So sorry to read this. Our love to you and your family x
          Carer for my husband who was diagnosed with ALS on 15.12.21.
          Trying to think of only today and tomorrow
          Alison ♥

Comment

Dear Marie,

Thank you so much for making your post at such a difficult time, it can't have been easy.

Your mum was such a kind, dignified, serene lady and a very popular member on the forum. She was obviously so proud of you all and loved talking about her children and grandchildren.

Originally posted by Mary C View Post
            She maintained a little speech and was able to communicate until she gently started drifting away and it was all very dignified.
            It makes me so happy to know that Mary could talk to the end of her life - I know that losing her voice was the thing she feared most.

Heartfelt condolences to you all.

Love Ellie.

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Dear Marie

I'm so saddened to hear of the death of your marvellous mum. As Linda says, she was a compassionate and graceful lady. She was sustained by her faith and drew strength to help others.

Such a loss.

My heartfelt condolences.

Doug
              Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

I will miss my sister
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Oh Marie, I'm so sorry to hear of Mary's passing. She was a lovely person, so full of empathy and wisdom xxx
                  Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this, Marie. Mary always offered sensible, informed and constructive opinions and suggestions. I’ve only known her for a matter of months through this forum, and we’ve lost a good friend.
                    Last edited by PeterPan; 19 February 2022, 13:03.
                    Diagnosed October 2020 - See my blog at https://www.myneurodiary.com

Comment

Such sad news, Marie. Your Mum was so kind, thoughtful and dignified. Im glad she was surrounded by her family and could feel your love.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know and please accept my condolences.

Love Debbie x

Comment

oh marie
                        i am so sorry i really loved your mum. she was always so inspiring and so lovely. i shall miss her so much. my love to you and your family.

lots of love and hugs
                        denise xxxxxxxx
                        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Sincere condolences to all the family. Lovely that you were all with your Mum.xx

Comment

Another angel in heaven.
                            rip Mary
                            It's all funny

Comment

Oh I so wondered why I hadn't heard from your lovely mother. Mary was a very big help for me. She took the time to message me and I will miss her dearly.

I do hope that you all take solace on what a positive woman she was.

xxxx
                              Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Working...
                              X