Double trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double trouble

Not one but two feet causing pain through pressure in bed. Happy Days are here again. πŸ›οΈβœŒοΈπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€—xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Sorry to hear that Matthew. Not a problem I have had to face yet , so can’t offer any advice I am afraid xx
    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

How about inflated repose boots?

Doug
      Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

My feet ache when they get cold. If I lie on my back the duvet makes my toes ache so I tuck one foot down the side of the bed. I pulled the duvet up round my ears the other night and my toes, without socks, stuck out of the bed and my cat grabbed hold of my foot with her claws. She got a swift kick with the other foot.
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Poor you. That’s no fun. Do painkillers help? Can you get a cage to hold bed clothes off your feet or is it the mattress? I do hope you get relief soon.
          Bulbar ALS diagnosed September 2021, no speech, PEG fed, using ipad with Predictable to communicate, taking each day as it comes

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
            Not one but two feet causing pain through pressure in bed. Happy Days are here again. πŸ›οΈβœŒοΈπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€—xx
            What's causing the pressure Matthew? I know you've got lots of sheepskins so could you use one under your feet?πŸ’™πŸ˜‰
            Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

matthew55 Dependending on which part(s) of your feet are involved, get gel pads, bootees or boots from OT/Physio/Nurse - pressure areas are *not* something you have to just live with, there are lots of products available.

Have you tried one of your Dolly πŸ‘ rugs under them? xx
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

LindaB Great minds πŸ˜‰ You hadn't posted when I started typing. 😘

​

Comment

It's my beds end board
                  Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

It's my beds end board
                    Could you try putting a rug on the end of the bed?

I think you have a hospital bed? Check to see if extends - often they do - if not, can the end of the bed be removed?

​

Comment

In hand

Comment

In hand
                        πŸ‘πŸ€žπŸ˜˜

​

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                          LindaB Great minds πŸ˜‰ You hadn't posted when I started typing. 😘
                          πŸ‘― 😘
                          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Matthew with all the challenges you have had to face and I’m sure more to come, I really admire your determination and grit to solve them. Keep at it my friend, keep at it.
                            Richard

Comment

matthew55

Were did you get the sheepskin.

We are looking at getting a ripple air matteress. Thomas' feet touch the bottom of the bed board, we have a thin foam yoga block.

He doesn't want to extend the bed as he uses it to move around.

Cheers

Donna
                              Donna

Carer for husband Thomas, diagnosed with MND of Fail Arm Type in July 2020.

Comment

Working...
                              X