Dancing shoes again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dancing shoes again!

So today I am not too well. Sore, stiff, exhausted and ELATED!

I used to regularly go ballroom and Latin dancing, infact one of my biggest issues was most obvious when dancing. But since moving to a powerchair and no longer to walk unaided I hadn't even thought about dancing, because frankly it was not possible. Until yesterday, when I proved it was!!

I danced a basic waltz, very supported and not technically perfect.... but I DANCED!!

I am absolutely buzzing. It was worth the discomfort today. I'm so lucky I got the opportunity and pulled it off. Those little gold feet are MINE xx
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

TinyLady So happy for you - it's obvious just what it meant to you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€—πŸ€—

I gather you can still move you legs and feet? 😘😘
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Ellie - yes, legs move OK, just weak and right foot moves fairly well still (foot drop in both though). I'm a shocker for wobbling and falling backwards - but heels and a sturdy partner helped with that. It wasn't easy and involved a lot of resting and stiff, angry leg muscles.... but it was so worth it.

I still cannot believe I did it πŸ™‚
      Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

Well done to you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
        Foxes Never Quit πŸ’™

Comment

Well done very happy for you. One of my regrets was not being able to dance on my cruise last year. The ship was even more wobbly than me.

Comment

Well done you. Xxxxx
            when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I am so happy for you. πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰xx
              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

How wonderful that you got to dance again! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
                Diagnosed December 2020 with lower limb onset ALS, now involving hands and arms.

Comment

That's great news, very happy for you πŸ˜€ πŸ’ƒ
                  Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

TinyLady So happy for you πŸ’ƒ xx
                    Bulbar onset diagnosed Nov 21. No speech but limbs ok so far.

Comment

Very well done. Must have been very uplifting. Hope you can do that again soon.
                      Bulbar ALS diagnosed September 2021, no speech, PEG fed, using ipad with Predictable to communicate, taking each day as it comes

Comment

I wish there was a β€œLove” option with the β€œLike” button! I’m so pleased for you πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Comment

TinyLady well done you....keeeeeeeep dancin'β€πŸ‘―πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒ
                          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Amazing. A feel good smiley post xxxx
                            Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Thank you so much for appreciating what a big thing the dancing was for me. Your support and encouragement means so much.

I've had some rubbish days (as have we all!!) so I thought it was good to share some of those incredible days when things just come together and you feel pure joy again.

I'm in so much pain today though 🀣🀣🀣

Comment

Working...
                              X