What have I done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have I done

I decided to have a catheter fitted to ease the burden of nighttime visits to the commode and to make it easier to go out, so had it fitted yesterday was ok during the night but this morning I was in agony I felt every wee, and because of the problems we sufferers have with spasms every time I got the pain I was stiff with spasms.
    So got Phil to ring district nurses to tell them to take it out which they did, but now it seems I’m incontinent 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m wetting myself every half hour still with pain but not as severe. Sorry for moaning but what have I done to myself 🥺 Janette x
    Janette x

Janette, from what I've read, that's pretty normal after a catheter has been removed and the issue usually resolves itself, especially if the catheter hasn't been in place long, as in your case.

Your bladder has to re-learn control - I'd definitely let your nurse know, they might have tips to hurry up the process (pelvic floor exercises, remember those 🙄)

Good luck xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
      Janette, from what I've read, that's pretty normal after a catheter has been removed and the issue usually resolves itself, especially if the catheter hasn't been in place long, as in your case.

Your bladder has to re-learn control - I'd definitely let your nurse know, they might have tips to hurry up the process (pelvic floor exercises, remember those 🙄)

Good luck xx
      Oh thanks Ellie that’s put my mind at rest I thought I’d be like that all the time, I’ve just ordered some pull-ups and bed pads to be going on with thank you hun Janette x ♥️
      Janette x

Comment

Nettie ahh sorry the catheter didn’t work out for you. Hope it all settles soon xx

Comment

I'd still tell the district nurse tomorrow Janette xx

Comment

Nettie there is a drug (can’t for the life of me remember it’s name) that takes away the feel that you must pee frequently. I used it to good effect to cut down/out the need for night time commode visits. I have since moved to catheter as need hoisting now.
            Solifenacin!
            Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

Thank you all ♥️ Got an infection so just started antibiotics, they will address the incontinence issue when it’s cleared up. Hopefully that will sort it 👍 xx
              Janette x

Comment

Never a dull moment, eh Janette 😏 Hopefully things will return to normal soon enough.

Sorry your catheter experience wasn't great, to put it mildly 🤗🤗😘😘

Comment

Yes hopefully Ellie 🤞🏻 These things are sent to try us 🤨 I’ve been a lot calmer today, had so many meltdowns yesterday so onwards and upwards 💪🏻 X
                  Janette x

Comment

Originally posted by Nettie View Post
                    Thank you all ♥️ Got an infection so just started antibiotics, they will address the incontinence issue when it’s cleared up. Hopefully that will sort it 👍 xx
                    UTIs are the pits. I got two in quick succession after being catheterised. Just wondering if there’s a third brewing 🥺. I hope you get sorted out soon xx
                    Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

Morning Rosemary the pain is subsiding thankfully 👍 but still no control of my bladder 🥺
                      I hope you’re not heading for another one ♥️ X
                      Janette x

Comment

So sorry to hear about this horrible experience Janette, and fingers crossed you'll be able to get back some control soon xx
                        Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Nettie Have things improved in any way, Janette? xx

Comment

Ellie im better than I was thanks had few really bad days and I’m not going to lie on those days I wished I had died 😢 Dr upped my Baclofen and I’ve been given lorazepam to calm me down, but now Im sleepy all the time which I didn’t want 🥺 still incontinent and I’m not convinced the infection has completely gone Dr ringing back today so see what happens then thanks Ellie love Net xx
                            Janette x

Comment

Nettie sorry to hear your situation....really hope things improve soon🙏😘
                              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X