Nails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nails

Made a huge mistake today. My morning carer is only 19 but a lovely caring girl. But today i asked her if she could cut my nails. Wish I hadn’t!! She’d obviously never done it before. My toe nails are now ragged and one bled so it’s sore and my finger nails are so short, I can’t turn my kindle on. Note to self - never ask her to do it again. At least they’ll grow - they seem to do that easily. Silly me.
    Bulbar ALS diagnosed September 2021, no speech, PEG fed, using ipad with Predictable to communicate, taking each day as it comes

Hakuna How frustrating! I hope they grow back quickly so you can turn that kindle on.
    Diagnosed December 2020 with lower limb onset ALS, now involving hands and arms.

Comment

Hakuna - ouch! That does sound sore. Bit of a lesson for me too... I will think carefully about who I ask x
      Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

I have had the very same thing. Lesson learnt.
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

My nails are filed (much safer) - takes a bit longer and you end up with shaped nails as a Brucie Bonus 👍👍
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ellie
            Love a Brucie Bonus...that's a phrase used in our household too.
            Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Most care agencies don't 'allow' carers to cut nails...as Ellie said filing is safer. Hope they grow back soon xx
              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
              X