Bras - question for the ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bras - question for the ladies

This is a question for the ladies. I’ve lost 3 stone in weight so my old bras are now too big but how do I figure out what size I am now and how do I find one I can get on and off and is comfortable. I’m wearing ones I can slide the straps off my shoulders and twiddle round to the front to undo. My carer puts it on in the morning but I have to take it off at night - no carer then. I don’t want to ask husband - he does enough.
    Bulbar ALS diagnosed September 2021, no speech, PEG fed, using ipad with Predictable to communicate, taking each day as it comes

Hakuna There was a recent thread on bras, click here to read it.

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna View Post
      ... how do I figure out what size I am now
      Forgot to say...

Assuming popping into M&S is not an option, if you Google How to measure your bra size at home, you'll get videos and written explanations of how to arrive at a bra size.

Comment

Thanks Ellie. I am going shopping on Wednesday so will pop in M&S.
        Bulbar ALS diagnosed September 2021, no speech, PEG fed, using ipad with Predictable to communicate, taking each day as it comes

Comment

Personally, I’ve had to stop wearing bras on most days. So hard to get on/off and my shoulders are so sore! I’ve been wearing tank top layers under shirts and sweaters. I have one bra that has clasp in the front that I wear to medical appointments 😬

Comment

AngieCanuck snap. I've stopped wearing bras also. Only for outings when I know I'm going to want to look respectable. My partner is still in training putting them on lol.
            Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

For me, the bad thing about summer is... bra wearing kind of becomes a necessity with T-shirts 😏

I don't bother at other times of the year 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                ... bra wearing kind of becomes a necessity with T-shirtmm?r 👍👍
                Spoilsport!!

Doug xx
                Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Haha. Doug 🤣😇🤪
                  Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Hi ladies, I got my bra issue sorted in M&S today with the help of my daughter and a very nice bra fitting lady. I’ve ordered 4 very comfy ones. Result.

Comment

Hakuna Result indeed 👍👍

All those fitting ladies are so nice. You're so right in buying a few once you find a comfy style. 😘

Comment

I recenlty changed from wires to no wire, I put my bra on from my feet, getting the wie over my unwieldy belly was hard, these pull up nicely. However, i have to avoid bending over cos, with no restraining wire, i fall out!

Hope the men aren;t reading this! Lol
                        Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

EvelynMW - there is no way a bra would get up my body past my bottom!!! I'm impressed by your technique 🤣
                          Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

Getting over my bulging flab is more my problem!
                            Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna View Post
                              Thanks Ellie. I am going shopping on Wednesday so will pop in M&S.
                              I also have problems with bras - M&S do a lovely slip on bralette (no hooks etc) I step into it then wiggle a bit till it finally gets the girls in place
                              Diagnosed 17/2/22
                              summer 2020 - Left arm onset
                              Jan 2022 - breathing now affected

Comment

Working...
                              X